Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

warranty question

hbdvysute

Utes the word
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s ute
hey guys just a question bout used car warrnty?? i drive a late 92 vy s ute. did 91,000 when i bought it now done 99,000.... bout it thru a used cart dealership and havea few issues with it, just wanting to know wats the deal with warranty iknow its 175,000km but hiow many years is it and isnt there a difference for a usewd car staitutary warranty... any help here will be great ful... thankx

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
Standard factory warranty for a VY was 3 years from date of original purchase (in your case previous owner). The factory warranty carries with the car from owner to owner unless you have arranged any extension when you bought the car 2nd hand.

Would be best to check the paperwork you signed with the dealership to see if any warranty applies to the purchase through them.

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
yeah vystorms right i think also once the warrenty is up you can pay to have it extended. so ive been told

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
in victoria there is a statutory used car warranty if the car has less than 160,000 km and 10 years on it. but it doesn't apply to commercial vehicles.

the trick is, i've been told some commodore utes are registered as passenger cars and some as commercials.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
In NSW, statutory warranty is for 3 months for all cars. It's something dealers have to give by law.

vystorm and naf33n are right about the other 2 types of warranty...