Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Warranty

oswald900

Reaction score
While i was in a Holden Dearlership i asked if my warranty would be void if i put a 2 1/2 inch exhaust from the cat back but he is unsure.

Does anybody here know if this will void the warranty ?

Indy_387

Reaction score
Holden have a care line if I recall, call them & ask them.

oswald900

Reaction score
Ok thanks for that.

I think it amusing that these sales people dont know alot considering we had 2 tell them that the SV6 now comes out in Turismo Mica.

Dont know if its just the sale people or Holden just dont inform the yards.

Sammy

Reaction score
Website
www.oldholdens.com
Members Ride
LH Torana with Ecotec V6
when i first got my ute i had the same thoughts (used to have a lumpy torana) and i wanted some sound back. I was told that if i put an exhaust on it theres no worries .... however Holden obviously doesn't cover the warranty on that part of the the exhaust.

Also if the exhaust was to fall off and damage the car they would only warrant it if it was the original pipe, if its a custom exhaust the repairs are your problem.

basically they don't give a stuff unless it damages the car in any way.

i wonder if they would mind if i screwed a supercharger to my intake ?? :rofl:

R

RKZ234

oswald900 said:
While i was in a Holden Dearlership i asked if my warranty would be void if i put a 2 1/2 inch exhaust from the cat back but he is unsure.

Does anybody here know if this will void the warranty ?

There a quite a lot of dealers whom arrange exhaust work pre delivery, especially to anything witha V8 in it.

There can be no logical reason for Holden to deny warranty for fitting an exhaust which improves fuel economy and performance.

But having said that, Holden has a problem with honouring thier warranty even when there are no modifications!

V

vyyoot

Exhaust

I have a 2.5 inch exhaust and HM Headers on my ute. I rang my dealership before getting it fitted and they said that the warranty wont cover the exhaust. That doesn't matter, because the exhaust shop gave me a warranty anyway.

oswald900

Reaction score
Was just wondering as i was told by a dealer HSV stuff is covered but not other brands.

My mate has a exhaust shop and i was going to get him do one for me.

Has anyone done it on a SV6 yet ?

If you have how does it sound ?

R

Ratty

I spoke to Holden last week about headers... they said yeah no probs but any damage doen by the fitting of them was my problem. Any engine issues due to fitting headers etc... Basiclly if you do it and they can prove it caused an issue then Wrnty is void... but as others say they try to get out of wrnty anyhow!

Although there is a guy (irish) called Kieren at City Motors here in Perth ... Worht his weight in Gold!!! He is GREAT. Recomend any perthites who use Holden goto Citys and ask for Kieren!

S

Seth85

I put a 2.5 inch s/steel exhaust from cat back as soon as i got my car, they didnt seem to mind when i took it in for my first service at 1,500kms. though the idiots that work at our local dealer probably didnt notice. not sure about headers though. thats next!

V

vyyoot

hm headers

I was also told by my dealership to use HM Headers because that is what HSV use so holden will see them as a high quality brand. I would Also reccomoend using Tuffy Mufflers for the install as they are a great service with a heap of knowledge and advice. HM also do complete exhaust packages that come with a warranty and they are vehicle specific to give the best gains. I have a full system on my VY ute v6 and am really happy with it. I am waiting for the Alloytec system so I can fit it to the wifes Lumina!!