Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

was it a good buy?

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Did you go out and see the car before you paid for it?

I could never buy a car without looking at it for myself.. The paint could be the only thing keeping it together for all you know online.

miss ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS S2
eeeek, scary, you gotta look at it first!
and pay COD
Wonder why he only listed it for 1 day?
Wonder why he didnt put the build date?
Wonder why he didnt put the date of first rego (1 owner, should know this)
You can always back out of it because in his ad he said its roadworthy and its not because he told you it needs new brake pads, wipers etc to make it roadworthy

Bec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6L Wagon
good questions miss ss....

Yikes. I bought my VP for that much after getting it inspected and test drive and it still needed ~$1500 of repairs to mechanicals. I do hope you looked at the car first.

I'm now buying a VS Berlina for $8300, and I'm happy with that price because I know it's a very good car. I'd rather pay this than 4200 on ebay IMO....

Let's hope you did get a bargain...if you proceed with sale ask this question again in 6 months, then you'll know :)

E

Ex-Ricer

Good Luck

Yeah im with u on this BekVP, lets hope that you did get a good deal, but from the situation it does seem a bit dodgy sorry to say, there are alot of us that kno wot its like when u are sold a lemon, i am 1. tell us how u go with the problem

hope all goes well for ya

Hytes

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VS Berlina S1
Totally agree with all of the above! Proceed with caution ndatkins, 'cause $4,200 for a VS Berlina sounds too cheap, despite what the seller says about only getting new brake pads etc to complete it's roadworthy. And yes, bekVP a VS Berlina is a very good car, no owner bias included :)

ndatkins

Reaction score
took her for a test drive today, i cant find much to fault the car.
Boot leaks a little, not badly though, high k's 230000, a lot for a car that age, but my VN has done the same and it still goes strong. Apart from that the car is fine. Ive never driven anything other than my VN before but this is just miles ahead, so smooth and quiet.

The guy is selling it because the rego ran out last year and has just been sitting around wasting space. So $4200 + $500 for rego and about $2-400 for stamp duty.

Bec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6L Wagon
Wow...maybe I should put mine on there :yeah:

Hytes

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VS Berlina S1
Hope all goes well with your new set of wheels, ndatkins ;)