Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

washing your car

commodoreboy12

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
hey guys just woundering if you guys pay to have your car washed or if you wash it yourself what products do you use and were do you get it washed if you get it washed I went to " Magic Car Wash " paid $30 for inside and out but not shore if its worth just buying products and washing it myself

HoldenOn

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS equip, 4.2L stroker on its way.
I pay a local pro to wash and detail the car once every few months. Does an awesome job and does everything possible, including underbody and engine bay clean.

GKW

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SSV & 1999 VT SS SII
Unless you pay a professional to detail your car, I wouldn't let anyone near it, let alone a $30.00 car wash place.

Washing your car is fun, it's relaxing, you get time to think about things.........and you get a good result (i.e. no scratches - hopefully).

Plenty of threads on car washing / cleaning / detailing. More info thah you will need.

commodoreboy12

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
yeah I know it is relaxing but I ran out of stuff and I dont know if its worth buying products agian I just used to buy armoral all pack

Shooter03

Nek Minnit
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz wagon
I recently started using the 2 bucket method and I use a nice micro fiber sponge and meguiars car wash and a clay groom once every 6 months.

Posted with my iPhone 4s through tapatalk

Pickle'

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
I pay a local pro to wash and detail the car once every few months. Does an awesome job and does everything possible, including underbody and engine bay clean.

just wondering what this includes? and what you would pay for a 'pro'.

To the OP, there are plenty of threads on the forum already, Car car Products (sponsors of the forum) offer a large range of good quality products. They also have alot of detailed guides in the section. I myself wouldn't be taking it to a local car wash and having them go over it for $30.

HoldenOn

Reaction score
Members Ride
just wondering what this includes? and what you would pay for a 'pro'.

To the OP, there are plenty of threads on the forum already, Car car Products (sponsors of the forum) offer a large range of good quality products. They also have alot of detailed guides in the section. I myself wouldn't be taking it to a local car wash and having them go over it for $30.

$150 gets me a full detail including cut, polish, carnauba wax, allow wheel polish and clean with clear protectant, interior appulstery detail with steam clean and stain removal(to the best of his abilitys) and proper protectant on all the trim and leather. All the exterior trim gets some **** put on it that makes the rubber black like new(dunno what it is but it works). He also de grease the motor and hot washes the under side of the car to remove dirt and ****.

So basically everything you can think of. His usual price is $250 but I get 100 of because I use him all the time with every car I've had.

HoldenOn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Takes him a good few hours as well, he really takes his time and does it well. Mind you this isn't at a shop or anything, he does it from home. But he really is brilliant.

Mike08

No Back seat drivers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
I cannot recommend Tinsnips advice highly enough, the man knows his **** when it comes to these things.

Cheers.