Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

wat shocks do vy series 2 have

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
If you drive on bumpy roads a commy is the wrong car for you. Cruisers, adverntras, Ssan Yyong are all good for this. Commies are limited in their ability, they are for the road. Good suspension (lowered not raised) will actually turn them into a tight handling car

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
If you drive on bumpy roads a commy is the wrong car for you. Cruisers, adverntras, Ssan Yyong are all good for this. Commies are limited in their ability, they are for the road. Good suspension (lowered not raised) will actually turn them into a tight handling car

all you've got to do is go a bit slower on the bumpy bits and the ol' commy doesn't mind em at all.

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
So the concensus is that they are good?

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
I agree, I adjusted mine to the firmest position when I fitted them. I also just picked up some Whiteline swaybar links with sperical ends. Very nice stuff

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
Whiteline Swaybar Link Kit For VY Commodore - eBay Other Suspension, Steering, Suspension, Steering, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 12-Feb-09 14:03:17 AEDST)

Looking at them it's clear that they will not flex and the spherical ends are to remove loading up of the links pins through the range of travel. Absoloute overkill for a daily driven commy but I got them cheap :yeah:

I'm running a 30mm adj sway on the front with these links, rear 20mm fixed sway with pedders and it corners very flat.

Like you said earlier though if the road isn't the best you feel it, just have to pick my roads better hahaha

Senator Slash

Slashman
Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII HSV Signature Senator
Whats the advantages of FE2 over STD anyway? I have STD in mine and the car is pretty low as it is with 19"s on it I couldnt imagine being able to lower it much more even if I wanted to.