Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Watch Out Bikies! Gamers Are Taking Over!

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
Bah, stop complaining.

If you dont like the rules of Australia. Leave.

Its like this forum, everyone winges about changes to the rules and moderators... its just like life except the moderators are politicions and police. ($10 Says that a mod will post something contrary in here shortly)

You cant complain here, you cant complain in life.

Maybe you should have voted for the libs.

</thread closed>

aZk.

Yawn. Voting for the libs has nothing to do with it. Atkinson will continue to keep his seat in Croydon till he decides to stand down. Its one of the safest seats in SA due to the predominantly aged population in his constituency. He sends them Christmas cards and they continue to vote for him.

He won't back down from his stance on video games either as it gives him that little bit of power over everyone else. No petitions or threats or whatever are going to change that.

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
Oh yeah because the government really listen to petitions... just look at all the facebook groups making a difference.

aZK.

You'd actually be suprised, I joined one little facebook group and so did over 5000 other people protesting the situation with our council provided waste services. The group got local and national media interest leading to some really positive changes to our situation. Previous calls to council and councillors and letters to the local rag fell on deaf ears I can say undoubtedly if this facebook group wasn't made we'd still be getting screwed over by our council.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Yawn. Voting for the libs has nothing to do with it. Atkinson will continue to keep his seat in Croydon till he decides to stand down. Its one of the safest seats in SA due to the predominantly aged population in his constituency. He sends them Christmas cards and they continue to vote for him.

He won't back down from his stance on video games either as it gives him that little bit of power over everyone else. No petitions or threats or whatever are going to change that.

Of course he wont back down on his stance. As far as the uninformed public is aware hes doing a bang up job at keeping these violent games of our shelves.

Little do they know that a) these games are often let through in a LESSER rating of MA15+ - 1 example is Modern Warfare 2, R Rated almost everywhere else, however MA here.

b) these games are easy to obtain, whether it be via Importing from the UK or download. All it does is allow people to buy R rated games disguised as MA. It is NOT ILLEGAL in some states to import banned games (Illegal to resell them). So whats the point in keeping them out?

He raises his point about kids being able to get their hands on R Rated games. Of course they will. But thats the parents responsibility, much like parents giving their kids alcohol or cigarettes. They can do it if they like, but face fines etc. Alcohol isnt banned because a 17 year olds are drinking, why should games be banned?

Hell if parents were that worried, modern consoles have rating restrictions on them. Parents can choose what ratings will and will not play on the console - and they can password protect it.

Atkinson is just an old codger forcing his 1950's views on everyone untill he carks it.

And Azk, yes I know I posted this on a car forum, however this is the technology/gaming based subforum. More people who are aware, the bigger the voice for change is. I got this from the Xbox forums so its not like its ONLY posted here.

neet_wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 XR6T & 1990 VN dragcar project
Why does someone who holds one measly seat have the power to ban an R18+ rating for the whole country?
I sure the half million or so gamers (dedicated gamers) in this country would have a bigger/louder voice to be heard than his, surely?

I know the SSAA (Sporting Shooters Association of Australia) have a man in parliment helping them with thier issues. Maybe thiers someone thats a mad-keen (secret) gamer in parliment we can use???

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
He's an Attorney General. In order for the law to change all 6 (I think its 6) Attorneys General need to agree. Atkinson is the only one holding out.

DrZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman "cam only"
Nah, I think we should just all leave a note under his front door.. lol -that'lll work :hmmm:

Maybe Azk hasn't actually heard of this petition yet?

Who knows? But it'll just have to serve as a reminder to anyone you feels the same way we do and have yet to submit your veiw, it can be completely anon. if you choose... I have given my opinion to the gov. an i pressume everyone else here has too... But if you havent... do it here!

Last edited:

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Bumping this up because i was told Atkinson is stepping down from the attorney general position.

Can anyone confirm? And does this mean we'll finally get the R18 rating for games.....