Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Water in Boot

doigs8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VY 2 CALAIS
I had the same problem with my VR SS. The seals on the rear side quarter windows were leaking. I took the windows out and used a sealant over the original seals. About 2 hours work all up.

whitevrboi

Just another white vr.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive S2
i've got the same problem and i'm pretty sure its from the badge on the boot lid, its a little loose and has dribble lines on the inside. am gonna get a badge form a vs and replace it and prob no more gaps it.

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
had the same prob in my bros vs...changed the rear lights to new ones(clear ones) and it doesnt leak anymore. Too late tho as the spare wheel well is full of rust now.

PhantomVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV e2 Clubsport R8
I have a VS Acclaim and i get water in the boot too. The water somehow gets into the boot lid (maybe something to do with the rear lights) and after a good rain and i open the boot & water drops from the lid into the boot area. Thats whats prob happening.

coasty

the voices told me to
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz equipe & vt berlina both v6
my mate does windowscreens for a living. he said it is 90% chance of the quarter windows causing it.

joeyandhisVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT berlina series2
ok so check tail light and read quarter window panel thingy...i might chuck me mrs in the boot just to be sure...thanks for the tips!!!!!

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
am gonna get a badge form a vs and replace it and prob no more gaps it.

I know this doesn't relate to the original post, but thought id say that a vs badge wont fit the holes in a vr boot. To do this you will have to remove the locating pins on the vs badge and make sure where you put it on fully covers the holes in the boot lid.

FirstVR_JC

Reaction score
Members Ride
RALLIART Magna
i had a massive problem in the wet season with water getting into the boot .... after a big rain i had over an inch of water above where the spare wheel goes..... lots of water in there (thank goodness i didnt put any subs in there) .... leaving the carpets out now cause it rain a fair bit here.

The info shared in this thread has been a big help to find a solution to this problem.... cheers.

Kovacic_VR95

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ CALAIS
hey dude yea i have same problem in my vr 94 model ii series!

Um mines coming from the gaps in the boot on the top iv just put rubber lining in it!

illusionalvr

Reaction score
Members Ride
toyota lexcen - vr.
my gaurdians gave me their old car, which is a vr/ toyota lexcen. there was water dripping out of the tailgate.

i loosened the bolts and pulled the lets, garnish and **** off, and just refitted them.

no more leaks :D silicone always does the trick though.