Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Water in cab.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
Get an A4 piece of paper, and tear it into strips long ways. On each strip, get a waterbased texta and draw a straight line all the way along in the middle.
Put these strips in strategic areas around the cabin (stick them in place if you have to so they dont move when you shut door).
When any water hits one of the strips, you'll see because the paper will absorb the water and the texta line will distort. Using no texta sometimes wont work because the paper will dry out before you see it.... so make sure you use it.
Put them everywhere. If water near the pedals, try sticking some higher up behind and under the dash. If water is first coming in from up high and then pooling, you'll know.

Mike08

No Back seat drivers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
Thanks i will try that UFO, cheers.

It's a weird issue , because i can hit the car with a large amount of water when washing and it never shows during that :hmmm:

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Good luck finding a ser2 plenum. Hexem (Phil) and I have been waiting/looking for months trying to get one. the passenger side is in plentiful supply, it's the drivers side which is the problem side that's seemingly impossible to get for some unknown reason. but yes it is the fix us ser1 guys need as it has a male/ female "V" join that runs along the bottom of the screen under the plenum itself and seals it. shits me to tears too seeing the bodgy ser1 plenum letting water run down everywhere over the back of the engine etc.. If anyone has success finding said ser2 plenum PLEASE let the rest of us know

I know how difficult it is - it's ridiculous - I have been trying to get a hold of one for a long time now. Non-existent!

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Best method is remove the drivers seat (D/C the battery so it doesnt throw a code when you D/C the airbag connector.) get a torch and get someone to put the hose on the car and you should see where the water is running in. May need to peel carpet back a bit at the front to gain better access.

Mike08

No Back seat drivers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
Ok thanks Ricey and all the guys that have been helping me, will let you all know where it is coming from whenever i do actually now myself.

Cheers.