Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

water injection

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
i have something simular to what you have its the size of a coke can and pumps water really far but making it into a mist with alot of pressure may make the pump die lol, thanx for the info guys.

eaton v8

my little sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz 6l auto 239cam 3.9diff
how much are they i got my kit off [cooling mist ] ebay usa. cooling mist sell them on there it was 300 to my door i think i would have to check

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
yes, they used water injection in WWII fighters. it was forgotten about after the war but has become more popular in recent times and from waht i've read about it, it definitly does work, in fact one guy questioned why it wasn't fitted as standard from the factory, i guess the manufactureres don't want there engines to last forever

Didn't SAAB and even before that Chevrolet on the Corvair fit water injection? I think the issue would have been owner's neglecting to fill the system and killing a motor tuned with it working.

hey guys, i just got a SC-14 CRS kit on my car and the previous owner of the supercharger had water injection but hooked up to the inlet of the charger so it sprays into the charger, somehow i dont think thats good, could i get a plug up near the T/B about 3inch away from it and hook up a mister in there would that help? and hook it up the a washer bottle, i was also thinking of having a micro switch around the other side of the T/B so when its at full revs it will put the mist into the T/B is this a good idea, i'm abit iffy about the set-up i dont want to stuff anything up, and would there be gains to be made by doing this, i'm only running 3psi any info is great cheers :)

The received wisdom is that with a (low speed) positive displacement blower the water can help tto seal between the rotor(s) and the case, lifting blower efficiency and upping boost a little. Not so good on a centrifugal blower where the high rotor speed has been known to result in effects akin to a water cutting jet.

Julian Edgar on Autospeed (and in a few hard copy publications) has written a lot on water injection, which may be worth look. Water/methanol injection is pretty popular with the turbo buick Regal/GN boys and girls in the states too - that will be worth a search, as would "Aquamist".

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
water injection has been used succesfully with centrifugal stype superchargers as well as turbo's. you just need to ensure the H2O is injected in a very fine mist so that you don't have issues as cheap6 pointed out above

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
My mate knows some1 who has methanol injection on his VT s/c 6, would it be better taking the water through the blower or just hooking it into the elbo near the manifold, what type of bit will i need for it to make a mist?, i was thinking could you hook up a old injector to a big pump that would creat a mist.

NZVK308

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK sold.. VN3.8 and VX aclaim
BUMP!!

Just wondering if anyone knows of a supplyer here in kiwiland for a water injection kit to suit 308 carbyed motor..

My old neighbour had it running in his old statesman years ago and spoke wonders of the set up.. rekons engine ran cooler.. smoother and more economical as well...