Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

water inside boot lid

pando666

milk comes in 2 litres
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs exec
Where the hell does the water in my boot lid come from I've sealed all the lights and trim etc but it still gets in. Does anyone know how to fix/solve this problem?.

CapriciousWL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL Caprice
Look around the seal on the lid. If there is any moisture that may be a clue.

Has it been repaired (accident) or has it got perished seals?

How much water? A drop or an ocean?

cowcop0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE R8 CLUBSPORT 6.2L
I had this problem with my VR, i found it was leaking around the rear quarter window. i removed the rubber exterior seal around the window, and the small exterior panel between the window and boot. pour water over top of quarter window towards boot, check to see if visible in boot if so reseal and asemble. it took me weeks to find it...

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Don't know if this is similar but years ago I had a problem with a VL sedan.
I found the rear windscreen was leaking into the parcel shelf then down through the seat belt hole into the boot.
Sealed the windscreen and no more water in boot.

CJ - 1995

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Berlina
get a new rubber seal around the boot cuz they can get squashed over time and water flows over the top. thats why mine was leaking and when i say leaking it was alot of water haha also see if you have any rust around or on the bootlid cuz thats also a way that it gets in

pando666

milk comes in 2 litres
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs exec
Look around the seal on the lid. If there is any moisture that may be a clue.

Has it been repaired (accident) or has it got perished seals?

How much water? A drop or an ocean?
Bucket loads of water pisses through the two holes at each end when you open the boot and naturally then soaks the carpet. No accident seal is not perished.

pando666

milk comes in 2 litres
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs exec
get a new rubber seal around the boot cuz they can get squashed over time and water flows over the top. thats why mine was leaking and when i say leaking it was alot of water haha also see if you have any rust around or on the bootlid cuz thats also a way that it gets in
I think your right seal looks a little squashed. as for rust it didnt have any but now due to the leak I think I'm due a new boot lid

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
If you have a wing on the boot they will leak where the wiring goes thru and also at mounting points - also when the boot lids is up, have a look inside the lid where the rear garnishes are attached - they can and will come loose - we had this same problem with buckets of water showering you when opening the boot and it turned out to be the garnish mounting points. Basically you need to apply sikaflex to everything you can see... make sure it's clean first.