Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Water leak passenger door in drivethru car wash? - UPDATED W PIC

WRX

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi,

I've got a slight leak when it rains and when i go through a car wash I get about half a cup of water dribbling onto the passenger side doorwell and looks like it creeps across the plastic.

Anyone know what seal might be causing this? The windscreen has been replaced, so Im wondering if the door trim was damaged or put on incorrectly. Yes I know the pic isnt a commodore lol, just for reference. When I open the door the whole seal feels a bit wet but then theres a seal on the bottom of the door too, and the seal on the car that goes around the cabin A pillar area, just wondering if anyone knew. thanks!
aa.JPG

When it rains I just get a few drops on the metal around the area where i highlighted in red, it only came into the car in the carwash.

WRX

Reaction score
Members Ride
Actual Pic:

2.JPG

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
From what I see in the second pic, the water is above the seals which means it is coming down inside the door from the window.
Look under the door and clean out the drain holes if they are blocked.
If no luck there, then remove the door trim and make sure the plastic water proofing sheet is firmly attached to the door to stop water coming down between the inner door frame and the door trim.
Last but not least, renew the seals along the glass(window seals) on the door .

WRX

Reaction score
Members Ride
From what I see in the second pic, the water is above the seals which means it is coming down inside the door from the window.
Look under the door and clean out the drain holes if they are blocked.
If no luck there, then remove the door trim and make sure the plastic water proofing sheet is firmly attached to the door to stop water coming down between the inner door frame and the door trim.
Last but not least, renew the seals along the glass(window seals) on the door .
It started happening right after someone pulled the rubber door trim off the cab section while replacing the A pillar trim, so I was hoping pulling that off again and pushing it back on firmly would do the trick, so i'll do that, and start on your list. It was hard to tell because when i open the door its wet at the bottom but as you say its probably coming down, water doesnt flow up. Thanks for the advice.

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
It started happening right after someone pulled the rubber door trim off the cab section while replacing the A pillar trim, so I was hoping pulling that off again and pushing it back on firmly would do the trick, so i'll do that, and start on your list. It was hard to tell because when i open the door its wet at the bottom but as you say its probably coming down, water doesnt flow up. Thanks for the advice.
You're right, water does not flow up, but it can be forced up by the pressure of a car wash, so don't discard the idea as it may just be pressure being forced through the seal on the door edge or bottom.

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
Tell the kids to wash your car (at home) or no xbox / internet etc.

Just as an experiment for comparison

WRX

Reaction score
Members Ride
Tell the kids to wash your car (at home) or no xbox / internet etc.

Just as an experiment for comparison

I told them to wash it a few weeks ago and a hosing produces a few water drops on the metal part that the door closes in to. the bit in the pics with the red line squiggles in the first pic lol

only the car wash sprayed it in over the plastic