Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

water leaking out of boot lid after rain.

vnathanx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
now.. if water is getting in your boot lid, sure the drain holes are there but there a last resort yes?
i would be unbloting, spoiler/lights/garnish, and anywhere water can get in run a nice fat goopy line of windscreen sealer, looks like sikka flex but dont go hard! problem solved for ever no worring about unblocking the holes ;)

yeah that sounds like the way to go :)

cheers mate

vnathanx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
I found a post in here once about the same thing.. Turns out the was coming in from the windows.. It would be in the Vr Vs section in these forums from memory...

do you think the same problem followed through to vt/vx? lol

Kunu

chasing the big 300!!!
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
97VT SSsuper6(179rwkw),daily barina,2008 VE Clubby
I had the same problem with my VT m8, soon as i cleaned those holes out viola never happened again :)

Reaction score
Members Ride
00' WH Stato LS1 A4
Having the issue on my stato, will see how i go with those holes & go at them with the drill if need be

som

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive
i read this at 8pm last night.it's driven me nuts for years.my boot seals just fine so was only a problem when i opened the thing.cleaned out the holes 10 minutes ago,hosed the car off,left it for a couple of minutes then opened the boot and for the first time ever didn't get a wet head and boot when i lifted the lid.freaking awesome!!!!

Reaction score
Members Ride
00' WH Stato LS1 A4
So checked my WH statesmans boot today, it does not appear to have the mentioned holes. Thinking about just drilling them anyway...

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Having the issue on my stato, will see how i go with those holes & go at them with the drill if need be

My Caprice doesn't seem to have these drain holes so your Statesman will probably not have them either. I too am having the water problem so I will have to try silicone or maybe small O rings where the small bolts for the garnish go through the boot.
Edit: Upon closer inspection it does have them, they are very small and blocked with some tpye of filler and painted over.

Reaction score
Members Ride
00' WH Stato LS1 A4
Oh Really? Are they in the same spots as the above image? Could you take a pic of yours?

I have siliconed the bolts where the garnish bolts up and just behind the garnish, which reduced the water quite significantly but not 100%.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Oh Really? Are they in the same spots as the above image? Could you take a pic of yours?

I have siliconed the bolts where the garnish bolts up and just behind the garnish, which reduced the water quite significantly but not 100%.
The holes seem to be in a different place than the above photos.
The second pic is of the left hand side still blocked.
The first pic is the right hand side which I have unblocked with a very smaill drill bit. Although the hole looks big in the photo it only about 3-4mm.

Attachments

• Boot drain holes 009.jpg
    Boot drain holes 009.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 1,127
  • Boot drain holes 010.jpg
    Boot drain holes 010.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 1,113
Last edited: