Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Water Problems

• Thread starter 94_acclaim_commie
  • Start date

94_acclaim_commie

Hi Everyone,

i have a vr acclaim commie, a while ago i replaced the bottom radiator hose, radiator (as it cracked), thermostat, radiator cap & valley cover gasket. since then when i turn on the a/c i can smell coolant. the floor is never wet but when i park the car on my driveway on a hill coolant leaks from under the passenger side of the car.

Please give me sum sugestions

VR_acclaim_commie

stylin_vr2

Reaction score
Members Ride
BF fairmont (when im allowed)
eww.. ye i got no idea.. hey.. maybe theres coolant in ur a/c... can that happen?? cuz that would explain the "leak" on the passenger side.. cuz thats where the a/c drips its drips...
that just kinda seemed logical...

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
are you sure it's coolant dripping. the a/c drain is underthe pasanger side ofthe car and a small puddle under the car when using the a/c is normal. i'd check all the hoses etc on the cooling system for slow leaks as this problem has only occured after the replacement of radiator etc. when using the a/c, everything is a little hotter, hence the reason the a/c has it's own extra cooling fan

auc05l

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina V6
It's your heater core. It is in the same compartment as your evaporator. Rather large and time consuming job, dash needs to be pulled apart. In my opinion its best left for the pro's if your new to all that but if ya wanna give it a go mark what screws go where, It will make it so much easier to put back together.

94_acclaim_commie

it is definitly coolant leaking as it was green coloured liquid coming out :ranting:. i went past my local holden dealer today & spoke to a few of the mechanics & was told it was the heater core. they said it would cost $234 just for the heater core not including the labour :bang:. they asked me how bad the leak was, as it is not too bad at the moment & said it wasn't too desperate to get it fixed so it will give me some time to save. :bow:

:rip:
Peter Brock
THE GREATEST RACING DRIVER EVER IN MY BOOKS!!!!

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
it's a good days work if it is indeed the care as suggested, i'm sure if you search through the threads here you should find an "how-to" somewhere, possible check the VN - VP section also

auc05l

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina V6
If your willing to run without a heater for a while you can bypass the core. It will stop the leak but it also defrosts the window so it could probibly get you defected.