Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Water pump replacement

al..

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Series 2 ss
Just on Friday my heater hose went, luck I just got home..

I replaced the 2 bottom hose for now from clark rubber and will soon get original gm one once I get a service but I wont be driving my car till my service.

My question is, when I replace the heater hose and same time coolant flush should I also replace my water pump? my car has only done 77k.. I read water pumps are prone to go ve ss, I rather be safe than sorry, and I rather do everything properly at once.

cheers

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
wait what, you replaced the hoses with something from Clark Rubber? Are these automotive hoses???

replace the water pump only when it goes, however when you do the pump do everything else at the same time.

al..

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Series 2 ss
lol yeah from clark rubber that was the only store open on late Saturday afternoon, its a proper heater hose its actually thicker than the original but there's a bad kink as it bends towards the block, and I only found out yeaterday all the coolant and heater are all together.. peace of mind il do the water pump nothing worse than breaking down

whats up

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais
Just on Friday my heater hose went, luck I just got home..

I replaced the 2 bottom hose for now from clark rubber and will soon get original gm one once I get a service but I wont be driving my car till my service.

My question is, when I replace the heater hose and same time coolant flush should I also replace my water pump? my car has only done 77k.. I read water pumps are prone to go ve ss, I rather be safe than sorry, and I rather do everything properly at once.

cheers

Yep do the pump,even if it's just for peace of mind
U may as well do the pipe inlet seals as they are prone to leak as I have found.
These items are cheap and easy to fix
Stick to Dexcool and U should be right.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
At 77k km your LS3 water pump is likely less than 1/4 through its life. Red organic Dexcool is fantastic. Your radiator cap and top radiator hose are worth checking is all.
Just a newborn really, wondering what happened to which heater hose where exactly?
If you want to invest / do the right thing for preventative maintenance and longevity consider investing in a Davies Craig EWP and controller as they just recently introduced the LS adaptor kit for L77 / LS3.

Last edited:

al..

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Series 2 ss
all fixed bought a original one :)