Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

wats size rims should i get

jays vy s

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s commo
Hi guys im new on this forum i though u guys coul help me out

i got a vy s commo and im getting rimz for it wat would be a better size 4 it 19'' or 20''s the thing is now i got standed lowering on my vy s and i wanna keep i the same height if possable thanks guys please help me out

Dowling_s

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VY2 SS
Isn't spell check wonderful

Jollygreengiant

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
You could fit 20s easily if its just the FE2 std suspension, not sure if this would affect the speedo or anything. 19s are probably a better valued option especially if u drive it daily...

hsv_punk

I Just Want One
Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Berlina V6
Will probably look like a 4x4 with standard suspension and rims that big tho.

AlX

Reaction score
Website
www.aryadesigns.com
Members Ride
VY 2004 Calais II
i got 19"

from my experience get 19". althugh 20" look gr8, but there could be the chance of u scraping the wheels more...eg, guters and deep ditches.... i got 19" in my Berlina but, honestly i wouldnt mind getting 20". Make sure they could fit the wheels though... Gut luck

omegaman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Monaro
19"s bolt straight on, 20's dont! . You can fit them but they rub like hell on front spring seat, best advice is to change front struts over. A couple of places supply adapted struts and most tyre shops can get them. Dont lower too far on 20's though they rub on the inside of the back tyres, both on the arch lips and on the inside. the right profile/ width tyre will help but make sure they are the right speed rating or instant fine from plod!!

D

Davo72

I have 20's on my Crewman ss They look great , dont scrub if WA correctly. The only problem is Speedo is out , which puts fuel reading out and fuel consumption .