Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ways to keep cats off your car

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
was going to say garage but not always available. Next in line is a car cover. Lastly ask them to keep the cat in at night, your council may require this anyway. If so and they can't do it, wait for it, catch it and send it to the pound. Let them know it was roaming and they'll get sick of having to pay to bail it out.

I don't mind cats, but i think people should be more responsible about owning them.
And them car covers can get damp underneath, Make the wash seem pointless also.

Why though? It is NOT the cats fault, how do they know what to do and not to do? Would you shoot a child that was touching your car?

Confront the owner, it's unfair to punish an innocent animal because of a stupid owner.
Never picked you as the animal activist.

But comparing a flee bag and a child is a comparison i never witnessed until now.
But don't under estimate the mind of a cat, They know what they are doing, Same as a dog that grabs your washing off the line, With a few hours of training they completely stop it.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
But comparing a flee bag and a child is a comparison i never witnessed until now.
But don't under estimate the mind of a cat, They know what they are doing, Same as a dog that grabs your washing off the line, With a few hours of training they completely stop it.

So who is responsible for the training? The same person who trains a child...So as I said, BLAME THE OWNER not the animal.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Why though? It is NOT the cats fault, how do they know what to do and not to do? Would you shoot a child that was touching your car?

Confront the owner, it's unfair to punish an innocent animal because of a stupid owner.

Minux

Take a deep breath. My post was entirely facetious. I could no sooner shoot someone else's cat than shoot my own dog.

Don't have any problem with cats here, because of our two dogs. No self respecting cat would come near our place, and the cars are locked away in a garage anyway.

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
But don't under estimate the mind of a cat, They know what they are doing.

One of my cats was hiding out the back under a plant....a bird landed about 4 meters away from it....my cat snuck around going behind different objects until it was right behind the bird, pretty much around the perimeter of our yard....would of been 50m it chose to go instead of the 4m lol........and after all that it was to slow at catching the bird anyways. Then oneday we were outside and a friendly parrot was flying around, landed right next to us, and just kept flying around....we were just discussing how it must be someones pet coz it didn't mind getting close.....then WHAAM! One of my cats come out of nowhere and grabbed it around the neck and took off under the house.....poor bird....I felt heaps bad....I'm a softy.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
That it ....cats are only your friend around feed time...any other time theyre out killing native animals or sitting on some elses car or ****issing or crapping in someones elses yard ...no point asking the owner ......the cat will get out and it will do it anyway any chance it has...two solutions move the car or remove the cat!

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
That it ....cats are only your friend around feed time...any other time theyre out killing native animals or sitting on some elses car or ****issing or crapping in someones elses yard ...no point asking the owner ......the cat will get out and it will do it anyway any chance it has...two solutions move the car or remove the cat!

:rofl: What a crack up, you people are amazing. I suppose cats have learnt to open windows and turn door handles to "let themselves out"?

Our cat is indoors almost always, when he does go out, we are out with him. Cats like any other animal have instincts to kill, let them do that and they will, it is not the cats fault, the only blame is on owners, just as if dogs attack, the only blame is on owners.

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
air rifle works every time

This subject comes up so many times on the other commodore forum and every bogan says things like, Shoot it, throw darts at it, drown it... Really shows a total lack of intelligence on the part of the person that makes these comments.

REMOVE THE OWNER!!! :rip:

I'm more inclined to go with this one :thumbsup:

That it ....cats are only your friend around feed time...any other time theyre out killing native animals or sitting on some elses car or ****issing or crapping in someones elses yard !

What a load of rubbish.

...no point asking the owner ......the cat will get out and it will do it anyway any chance it has...two solutions move the car or remove the cat!

lol... This was funny. Must be some kind of cat with super powers.

...Our cat is indoors almost always, when he does go out, we are out with him. Cats like any other animal have instincts to kill, let them do that and they will, it is not the cats fault, the only blame is on owners, just as if dogs attack, the only blame is on owners.

Very well said. If you a having a problem like this then the intelligent thing to do would be to go and discuss it with the neighbour. Nearly all councils require that cats are kept indoors after dark anyway. If it continues to be a problem then get some footage of their cat on your car, take it to the owners and ask them to pay up for a respray or threaten to take legal action. That will soon sort them out. Also contact your council and tell them your problem.

My wife works with the RSPCA and I see just how cruel and brutal some scumbags can be towards animals. It would be a shame to have people on this forum with that sort of attitude.

fuzzy2308

Reaction score
Members Ride
Plastic datsun

WHATS WRONG WITH U GUYS I LOVE PUSSY.

cats are only your friend around feed time: WELL SO ARE CHILDREN , AND CAUSE CATS ARE SMARTER THAN U.

any other time they're out killing native animals: THATS BECAUSE THERE ANIMALS THATS WHAT THEY DO, THEY HAVE TO IN ORDER TO SURVIVE, BESIDES IF YOUR SO CONCERNED ABOUT THE NATIVE ANIMALS WHY DONT U SELL YOUR PETROL GUZZLER AND BY A HIBRID OR RIDE A TRYCICLE. BESIDES IM SHORE YOU EAT DEAD ANIMALS ON A REGFULAR BASIS

sitting on some elses car or ****issing or crapping in someones elses yard: THEY SIT ON CARS BECAUSE THERE WARM, THEY **** WHERE THEY WANT JUST LIKE HUMANS DO.

no point asking the owner ......the cat will get out and it will do it anyway: THATS IT YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD....... NOT, CATS HAVE SUPER POWERS AND THEY CAN JUST MAGICLY GROW 6 MORE FEET SO THEY CAN REACH THE DOOR HANDLE AND THE CAN USE THERE PHYSIC POWERS TO CONTROL THE MINDS OF HUMAN AND MAKE THEM DO WHAT THEY WANT.

two solutions move the car: OR YOU COULD PUT A NICE COSSY COVER OVER YOUR CAR,
or remove the cat! IN WHITCH CASE THE OWNER MIGHT BE A SERIAL KILLER, CHOPPER REID, TONY MOCKBELL, OR SIMILAIR ***BANG BANG*** :whistling

seriously have a (pollite) chat with your neighbours and bring to there attenion how much u love your car and that there cat has been walking and sleeping on your car also it wouldnt hurt to show them the kitttty foot prints.

Last edited:

Struma

Urge Surfer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Executive Ute
Well despite popular opinion cats can be trained...like most animals you just have to find out what motivates them.

I saw a pretty cool device in a pet shop a while ago - it was basically an infra red movement sensor connected to a garden sprinkler head (solenoid and batteries in between et cetera).

The idea is that the sprinkler gets located with the sensor covering a given field (in this case your car) and when anything sets it off the sprinkler shoots off a few bursts.

Maybe a bit of a problem if you have water restriction issues but the theory is very sound and I'm sure that any number of adaptations could be made to the concept.

Best of all it is completley harmless (except for maybe scaring the excrement out of the cat a few times) and no one can really complain about the method.

Cheers.