Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Weathershields

ink

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
:thumbsup:

Just picked up my new SV6 recently, Ive been considering getting a weathershield as it pees me off having to up the windows when it rains, a mate at work has them on his VX and they dont look too bad I spose, but its his car not mine, I may be a bit more critical with em on mine, tbh I dont think theyd look good on mine (phantom sedan)

Also wondering just how tricky they are to attach if I do go ahead with em....Ive looked at Aunger ones in the shop and the instructions are in the packet so cant see whats involved.

Cheers..

FPV 4 T

myspace.com/attakarrak
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
2008 VE HSV Clubsport R8.
yea mate my dad has one on his SS-V there are a bit tricky to get on but they arnt bad its just that double sided tape that you have to be careful with.. personaly i dont like them, i dont like the look of them haha and my clubby is red. lol they annoy me coz i cant put my elbow on the door n have my hand up the top of the window near the "A" piller when i cruise haha.

PhantomVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV e2 Clubsport R8
You don't think they look good? If they'd look good on any VE it would be a phantom, I have a phantom VE too and concidering getting some weathersheilds, I think they look cool on the black VE's, it bulks them up even more haha.

But at $50 odd per window I can't really justify it at the moment.

I put some on my VS commy and basically just involved using the double-sided tape and inserting small specially-shaped brackets into the window lining and screwing them in to the plastic of the weathersheild (the brakets push between the rubber window linings so no permanent damage to the car).

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
i got a genuine slimline tinted drivers weathershield of ebay the other day for $25, still undecided if i want to put it on, as im not sure if the double sided tape will damage anything if i want to take it off.

ink

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
yea mate my dad has one on his SS-V there are a bit tricky to get on but they arnt bad its just that double sided tape that you have to be careful with.. personaly i dont like them, i dont like the look of them haha and my clubby is red. lol they annoy me coz i cant put my elbow on the door n have my hand up the top of the window near the "A" piller when i cruise haha.

Good point mate, I do that too and I also gotta use a swipe several times a day to get into the carpark at work so it could be a real niusance

PhantomVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV e2 Clubsport R8
Good point mate, I do that too and I also gotta use a swipe several times a day to get into the carpark at work so it could be a real niusance

Hmm yeah the big weather sheilds became a problem with the old swipe cards so i changed to the slimline one and that didn't bother me.

My lights are in pretty poor condition, but when i get the calais/ssv headlights i will be putting the protectors on it right away =)