Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Weber Conversion Help

RayRay07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Executive
Iv'e decided to do the weber conversion on the black 202 in my VK among all the other mods im doing right now, But i noticed that the carby i got is a bit different to the one in the holdenpaedia thread "Weber Conversion". I've got pics of the carby, Does anyone know what these inlets/outlets are for? whether they need to be blocked of or not?

rgh.jpg

117_9879.jpg

117_9875.jpg

VH commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH and VT S2 Berlina ecotec
ok after comparing mine i noticed that mine is pretty different, i have less holes! lol...but apart from that its the same...on mine pretty much everything is blocked off or left alone apart from vacuum advance (but i recently moved this line directly to the manifold)

so heres a quick guess...all the other holes i guess u can block....sorry thought i could help but i was wrong lol

Attachments

• rgh2222.jpg
    rgh2222.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 1,213

VH commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH and VT S2 Berlina ecotec
oops thats hard to read in the pic sigh...top left says needs to be blocked....top right is where the vacuum advance line goes

RayRay07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Executive
ohok, thanks very much, i spose ill just block them off then, i'm guessing it's just something to do with emissions anyway.

matt08

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH weekender & 80 series cruiser daily
I assume you are referring to this page? Do you know what your carby is off. I know mine is slightly different to the holdenpedia one, but yours is different again??? The one in the photos is of an XF, and mine is the slightly earlier type from an XE (doesn't have the fuel return lines). well worth the upgrade over the stock piece of rubbish.

RayRay07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Executive
yep, thats the page i was looking at.i'm not sure what car it was off, but i think it was the XE. Well the varajet is just a piece of **** to me, just ran like crap, so i'll see how the weber goes.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I wonder what happens to the varajet when it's old. I haven't seen a VH with one that ran well for a while but my parents had a VH from new and it was a great carby then. Started first crank anytime anywhere all the time not matter how much ice or heat was outside and run smooth as you like without using much fuel at all, simply stab the throttle, choke was off and away you go. You don't see VH's running like that anymore :), we had the car for 14? years 230,000ks and it never once didn't start, never broke down and never saw a mechanic in that entire time apart from (a rare:p) oil change

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
I wonder what happens to the varajet when it's old. I haven't seen a VH with one that ran well for a while but my parents had a VH from new and it was a great carby then. Started first crank anytime anywhere all the time not matter how much ice or heat was outside and run smooth as you like without using much fuel at all, simply stab the throttle, choke was off and away you go. You don't see VH's running like that anymore :), we had the car for 14? years 230,000ks and it never once didn't start, never broke down and never saw a mechanic in that entire time apart from (a rare:p) oil change

I recently got a professionally rebuilt one, it was like new it so well done. Anyways i wasnt around when these cars were new, but **** does it run nice and smooth now, choke works perfect. Turned my car into a totally different car, so much power, before i was struggling to make it up this big hill at a mates place in any gear, after the carby i was spinning wheels in 3rd up the hill at 4o k's, i jumped to 4th to see if it would spin, but it just powered up the hill. Which for 40k's in 4th was excellent cause before it was just shake like hell.