Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Weight of VZ or VT?

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
yeah, thats what I thought. It'd be interesting to weigh brents, just to see what sort of difference it is.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
yeah, thats what I thought. It'd be interesting to weigh brents, just to see what sort of difference it is.

Just look on the rego sticker

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just look on the rego sticker
The reason I 'd like to see it weighed, it to see how much weight is added by modifications, stereos etc. And then compare it to the stock weight of an XU6.

Is the weight noted on the rego sticker, just from a database they have of all car weights, or do they actually weigh them? I have no idea as we never had the weight noted on rego stickers in Tassie.

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
Stock kerb weight of a vt series 2 xu6 is 1644kg .

Is there a difference in weight between the Series I and the Series II? Ours is sorta half and half. It's right on the change over period between the two. :p

But I think it's classed as Series I.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Is there a difference in weight between the Series I and the Series II? Ours is sorta half and half. It's right on the change over period between the two. :p

But I think it's classed as Series I.

The other models had a 39kg difference (V6 sedan series 1 to 2 and V6 wagon series 1 to 2) so I guess the series 1 XU6 would be an extra 39kg as well? Due to the weight of the bonnet etc. that made the series 1 cars heavier.