Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Weird sound (Video)

Bourbonated

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Turned off my car the other day and noticed a strange sound that I had never heard before. Thought it be better to post it here than to waste my time at the local Holden. The first part of the video has horrible sound - I think there was a compressor on or something next door. It's the whine and click I am asking about. Might have to turn it up pretty loud, apparently the microphone on my phone is shoddy.

[video=youtube_share;xz9ADtZmHBU]http://youtu.be/xz9ADtZmHBU[/video]

Anybody have any ideas?

TAS1981

Reaction score
It sounds like a warning beep but that's te quality of the recoding I think sadly. Can you describe it?

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Is your car a 2006/07 Alloytec SV6?

This is just something I have noticed over the years owning a VE S1. My series 2 doesn't do it.
The high pitch buzz and click was common on earlier VE models. My SSV used to do it just not as loud as the SV6 models. From memory it was something to do with the electrical system shut down? The click at the end seems very loud and sounds very much like the throttle body plate closing. When was the last time you had the throttle body cleaned? Might be worth taking the induction box off and checking it for excessive build up of oil etc. Get some carb cleaner and give it good spray and clean off with a rag.

Anyway just something to consider. Someone qualified will possibly know exactly what is causing it.

Cheers

HoldenCommodoreVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore SS MY11
Yea completely normal, related to the electric throttle motor i think

vncruzr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY LS1
my missus alloytec sv6 does the same mate...never a problem with it so far...we just figure its part and parcel of owning a holden.....its a GM not a BM......

VTSSLS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS LS1 A4 227rwkw
The clack sound at the end is the throttle resetting itself, they do it after each shut off. My wife's Vectra is even louder. It doesn't whine though.