Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Welding body/panels

pimpmyvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s-pac
late to the party

probly a bit late in thred for my 2 cents but any hoo...
as a boilermaker my self i would tig if the gap is smaller then 1.6mm if over i would moast certanly mig it useing .6mm soild wire, if the gap is more than 3mm try to get another section to fit better. if not an option your gonna have to put copper behind the join(copper wont fuse to the panel may stick a little if you over weld) and when welding body panels its wize to use a sequince of welds then start at A then go one way around because of warpage (by sequince i meen like the way your ment ti tighten head bolts etc) do not weld for more than 8mm at a time or you run the risk of warpage.. and as for the place ment of the panel it can be wise to sit the patch in the car a little(.2mm-.3mm and yes boilermakrs can work to a tolerance of less than an inch lol some choose not too..) that way you can run some small holes in the panel (about 1mm and 3 holes per sq inch) bog it up and no one will know the diff