Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Well Done Alan Joyce - BALLSY!

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
ive already stated the problems. if you had read the whole part i wrote you would understand.
im sorry that i have family in the airline industries working in pretty much similar areas and/or they are constantly talking to people who have inside knowledge with these issues.
if you do not want to believe this then thats fine, however it is the truth. im not going to put this point any further as it appears to be falling on deaf ears.

One of the engineers I know for QANTAS will happily admit more problems occur with Australian maintained planes than overseas ones. Will he go on the record and say this? Hell no he likes his well paid job.

Cookies must be enabled | The Australian

LOLZ.

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
Aw poor kitty got deleted ._.

Let's just say all airlines are bad, but Qantas is the worst. At the moment. They were good when we flew over from England in 95', but since then they've gone downhill and you have to expect them to pull some pretty extreme moves given their current situation. I can only really see it going downhill for everyone involved.

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
One of the engineers I know for QANTAS will happily admit more problems occur with Australian maintained planes than overseas ones. Will he go on the record and say this? Hell no he likes his well paid job.

Cookies must be enabled | The Australian
this is the problem - it turns into a joke when unskilled, unqualified workers command such generous pay and conditions that have no bearing on their market value - then they just want more. any company with the slightest commercial sense will want to replace those workers with more cost-effective ones. branding the company as mean-spirited is naive.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
this is the problem - it turns into a joke when unskilled, unqualified workers command such generous pay and conditions that have no bearing on their market value - then they just want more. any company with the slightest commercial sense will want to replace those workers with more cost-effective ones. branding the company as mean-spirited is naive.

totally agree with you on this one.
its crazy how much they can command for the style of job it is. its not exactly a licenced/highly dangerous job that could command such an amount.

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
its crazy how much they can command for the style of job it is.
of course the pay isn't based on the job - it's based on the threat of ruining the airline with IR action if they don't get it - simple extortion.

i don't oppose unions automatically, but when they try this stuff on - as they frequently do - then i want to see them smashed.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
of course the pay isn't based on the job - it's based on the threat of ruining the airline with IR action if they don't get it - simple extortion.

i don't oppose unions automatically, but when they try this stuff on - as they frequently do - then i want to see them smashed.

as it appears QANTAS workers are being paid more then the other airlines.
im more or less surprised they havent put their fist down with a reasonable figure and said like it or lump it.
if they were being paid much less then other people doing the exact same thing i guess they could always say they would jump ship to another company (which i have based most of my info from other companies)

for the unskilled labour job it is, they could always just get new people in. which i believe they will do if these union people keep pushing too far.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
double post

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
for the unskilled labour job it is, they could always just get new people in. which i believe they will do if these union people keep pushing too far.
not under an EBA - the new people would just be covered by the same conditions. qantas escapes that by using overseas labour.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
not under an EBA - the new people would just be covered by the same conditions. qantas escapes that by using overseas labour.

im just confused. how could you use overseas labour for something like baggage handling in Aus. or is that the point?
that is why they are able to charge higher prices or face a company melt down?