Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Westnet Customers ... Feedback?

TA 91 WA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SII 5.7 LS1
Ever checked out the free zone?

Also their "Download Vault"

I like a lot of the stuff available.

Also 3fl.com.au and all of their games and patches.

And now since iiNet bought Westnet, some of the iiNet stuff is available to us.

Pretty good in my opinion.

What are other customers thoughts of Westnet and iiNet.

Mum loves the quick tech support (She asks stupid questions) and I love their free downloads on stuff.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
I was a westnet customer for near 3 years until friday.
When I first signed up it was excellent customer service, they had an office in Morwell Vic (bout an hour from me), speeds were really good and constant. I.e I could do up to 60 kb/s on peak, and would hit 65 kb/s off peak. Had even downloading of 14/14 and the peak times were suited, from 7am - 7pm, and 7pm - 7am.
Over the time, they started changing things, our plan went up 10 bux, the peak times changed from 7am-12am, 12am-7am, and changed our downloads to 10gb on peak, and 15 off peak. There local office got removed and everything had to be dealt with the WA offices (possibly India). When they signed up with iinet is when I really started noticing dramatic changes, was struggling to get 50kb/s on peak, and NEVER got a connection over 10kb/s off peak. I got abused by customer service and they could hardly speak english let alone deal with a computer problem. When there was a problem with the exchange, they made me do a 3 hour fault diagnosis my end, which I didnt mind, they then said to go get the modem tested and ring back, so go and do that, get the ok on the modem ring back and they recon they have to do the fault diagnosis again because the first one wasnt recorded. I had assignments to hand in, I didnt have time and I some how had to find access to the net. They finally said ok we will send someone out, but it will be 2 weeks before someone can come out. I asked about dialup which was written in our contract stating that if the internet was down for what ever reason we would get free dialup, no they wanted us to pay. Anyways after 2 days of there bull**** I rang back and firmly asked to speak to the manager/supervisor, within 10 minutes of argueing and threatening with the communications onbudsman I had free dial up and a bloke out the next day to take a look. The bloke came round changed all my modem settings before saying it was at the exchange (which was diagnosed in the first 10 minutes of the first call mind you). He rang back that day and said it was all fixed, but still not working, I had to manually reconfigure the modem from what he changed.

They also state if you choose to leave you can keep your email accounts for upto 3 months, not the case, you have to pay 11.99 a month to keep the email accounts.

I would NEVER recommend them to anyone again.
There vault is pathetic and 3fl would never work for me, again no assistance just left to work it out for myself.

TA 91 WA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SII 5.7 LS1
iiNet buying them was a big downer but I still find it okay... well bad luck anyway...

Who are you with now?

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
iiNet buying them was a big downer but I still find it okay... well bad luck anyway...

Who are you with now?

Wideband, for an extra 5 bux a month im on ADSL2+, got 20/20 downloads, and excellent customer service, plus they have an office in Sale and Traralgon :)

TA 91 WA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SII 5.7 LS1
Local service helps.

Can't say I have heard of em before.. but then again I can't get ADSL2+ where I am..

Unless friggin telstra wholesale it.

MuNtEd

Reaction score
In A Box Somewhere Up The End Of Your Street
Members Ride
94 VR EXEC
iiNet never had a problem with them. and thats been over manys years now since the days that wantree and iinet merged now thats going back some years now. But living 2km's away from the exchange i always get good speeds always over the 150k mark, unless shaped.
the only let down they have is the call centre, one time i was on hold for almost an hour. but now they put in place a callback service and are now affraid to call mobiles like they where before. so from me thumbs to iiNet.

TA 91 WA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SII 5.7 LS1
iiNet never had a problem with them. and thats been over manys years now since the days that wantree and iinet merged now thats going back some years now. But living 2km's away from the exchange i always get good speeds always over the 150k mark, unless shaped.
the only let down they have is the call centre, one time i was on hold for almost an hour. but now they put in place a callback service and are now affraid to call mobiles like they where before. so from me thumbs to iiNet.

One of my workmates was with iiNet and their router died, and he called them up and they would send him a new one free of charge, after 2 weeks of not arriving, he called them up and turns out they never sent it in the first place. So now he has jumped ship to westnet and hasn't been happier haha.

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Westnet for me to. Am loving there Active Plan 1.5mb/256kbps. 20gig On Peak 40gig Off peak. Have never had a problem with them. Lovely fast downloads, very supportive and stable internet connection. There Tech Support is great as well. Only wait about 5minutes and I will always get an Australian Speaking person. Have been with Bigpond and DoDo and i can say this. NEVER EVER again with DoDo. What rip offs they are and there Connections suck. If you are with them I advise u get out right away. They are the biggest rip offs in the whole ISP industry.

Yep just my $200 worth :p