Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

wet floor

Milesvess

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz exec / 10 ve ss ute
any suggestions as to why my passenger floor soaks with water when it rains?i have poured water over the screen,door,the vent between the screen and bonet and over the airial but no water seems to be coming from any of these areas,does any one have any idea where else

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
from under the car? or aircon?

nstone63

wants a new car
Reaction score
Members Ride
1988 VN Executive
wheel wells maybe...? at least that was the go with with the VLs.. water would leak in from under the wheel well on the left side because that's where the water sat on the road when it rained

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
Check the inside of the door trim and the plastic sheet that covers everything. Mine had a couple of holes punched in it and water came in through the bottom of door trim and sill.

mummbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SSV Redline Sportwagon
Check the inside of the door trim and the plastic sheet that covers everything. Mine had a couple of holes punched in it and water came in through the bottom of door trim and sill.

+1. Mine had come away from the door at the bottom. Used some silicone to re-stick it, but would be better off getting the proper stuff from an auto trimmer.

I've also had an issue (while car was under warranty) of the front windscreen not being sealed properly which allowed a leak into the driver side footwell. now *that* took some tracking down!

Milesvess

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz exec / 10 ve ss ute
thanks for the feedback, i might get under the car with a hose this weekend,i poured a whole watering can over the windscreen seal and no water leaked in but in saying that over night if it rains the water makes its way in, frustraiting! hard to say when it started as it was garaged before the ss became family

Milesvess

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz exec / 10 ve ss ute
from under the car? or aircon?

where from tha a/c, i took apart behind the glove box and the foam padding was dry and the dust was undisturbed, is there anywhere else i should check?

Last edited:

vz 914

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE HSV GTS , VZ UTE, VL GROUP A
are you sure its only when it rains i had an issue years ago with A/C Drain tube Blocked

holdenvtman1123

Improvise Adapt Overcome
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Adventra LX6 2006 3.6L
a few months ago i had taken a car for a test run that had a sun roof. so decided to car wash it. after the deluxe car wash i returned the car. the sun roof never leaked. even the dryer on the car wash didnt show any holes or leaks. having another look at the car after this and i notice 2 inches of water on the back passenger side floor. i reckon the water came from the roof and down the B pillar and into the carpet. all this without seeing any leaks anywhere. i asked them to clean it up so we could try car wash again and they said no. dodgy seller trying to sell me a leaky car. maybe the roof join leaks on your car??