Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WH auto flatspotting

Philtizz

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH statesman
Can anyone help my 2001 statesman is flatspotting or missing in overdrive under load at around 2000 rpm

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
I had same problem found out it was my plug leads breaking down under a load. replace both plug and leads see if that works if not may be a crook coil.

Justinaxe

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv L98 '06
Can anyone help my 2001 statesman is flatspotting or missing in overdrive under load at around 2000 rpm
Gday buddy .. My mate just bought a WH and has the same problem. Correct me if I'm wrong but driving at say 100kmh it slightly misses/surges at slight acceleration? I put it down to spark but I'm going to hook my EFI live up to it tomorrow to see what codes it throws and also do some data logging. I'll let you know how I go anyway but i'm leaning towards what hotrod mentioned being a dud coil or lead.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
My money is on a lead.

Caprice5L

Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VXII Berlina
My money is on a lead.

I so hope thats it. I got the same prob. Feels like choking under acceleration from around 1500rpm, but when it gets to ~2000rpm power kicks in like a turbo. Ill let you know if new leads fix it.

Justinaxe

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv L98 '06
Yep it was , still reset the code that was thrown and double checked it with a quick run up the highway and all was good. We didn't even replace the leads in the end it seems it was just a crappy connection . But For the price of leads and plugs it wouldn't hurt to replace them .