Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WH Caprice surging under load.

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
all the brains on holiday?

I don't think it's a case of everyone being on holidays, but most likely everyone's sitting back waiting for you to get flamed for having no CAT's.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
I don't think it's a case of everyone being on holidays, but most likely everyone's sitting back waiting for you to get flamed for having no CAT's.

Exactly.

Why don't you have CATs?

akuma

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 3.8T Executive
It wasn't by choice, I bought it like that. Oh and im not going to be putting more in..

VS Natic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Storm Ute.
If i remember correctly there is no legal requirement for catalytic converters in New Zealand. My previous car was a Mitsubishi KS V6 Verada and this issue was raised on the Mitsi forums as well. To the OP it is possibly your o2 sensor(s). Also check your throttle body for carbon buildup etc. and make sure all your sensors are plugged in and the terminals are clean with no green oxidisation on them. Check all vacuum hoses as well cause it doesnt take much of a leak to cause problems.

akuma

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 3.8T Executive
Thanks VS Natic, when i first got the car the breather 'Y' on the engine was stuffed and I fixed that

Oh yeah Im in NZ where we dont need CATS. .

Last edited: