Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wh ls1 turns over but wont start

wh-ls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH ls8 international
Hey. Hopefully this is the right section. I'm having trouble with my wh statesman. It died on me last week and I've been trying to find a solution but have had no luck.

Long story short, I drove it from A to B with no issues. Went to start it up again and it fired up but was barely running and then just died. From then on it will only turn over. Ive checked out the fuses and the relays and they seem to be all good. Ive taken off the fuel line at the fuel filter and theres no fuel being pumped. I then checked to see if I was getting power at the pump and found theres no power there. I swapped the relays around but that didn't help. Im kind of stuck now and not too sure where to go from here. Ive been searching the net all week, but each problem ends up being the fuel relay.

Any ideas what else I could do?

Cheers

wh-ls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH ls8 international
I bridged the relay and still didnt get power at the pump harness. Haven't actually tested the relay. But I swapped them around.

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Did you bridge the correct connections on the relay socket?
Look on the relay and match up pins 3 and 5, with the socket.
Bridge those connectors with some wire.

wh-ls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH ls8 international
Thats what i tried and still nothing. Didnt have power at any of the pins at the fuel pump. Where does the wiring go after the relay socket?

wh-ls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH ls8 international
Just checked for power again. Used my multi meter this time and bridged the relay. Im getting 7volts at the pump harness. Is that what it should be?

timc83

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS
Sorry for bring this old thread up again, but did you ever find the issue? mine is doing the exact same thing.... fuse ok, relay ok, bridge out relay still no power......