Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WH Statesman Auto Leveling Suspension

nick88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SS Voodoo
Hey guys, i hope this is the write spot for this as i couldnt find an area for statos:p
anyway, i found out the other day that my statesman(1999 WH v6) has a hole in the Right Shock absorbers air bag, because its leaking air.
so i pulled out the relay for it now so that it doesnt try to keep pumping it up when it wont go.
anyway, ive sourced down some new air shocker for it(Genuine ones), and considering Holden wanted to charge me $250 to install just the 1 i figured ill get some from another place(NVU - new vehicle upgrades in thomastown) for $80ish and install them myself.
Now, my question is.....how hard is this to do? i know that i have to undo the two bolts holding it in, but is there anything else i should be wary about? like any cables or pipes? or sumthin??
would it be worth buying a torque wrench(the one where u set it to a certain torque and it wont tighten past that) as i dont have one? or jsut a normal wrench and tighten it as a normal bolt??

Any help appreciated
Nick

haloeight

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato SII L67 S/C V6
a normal spanner or socket handle is fine, the back shocks are a piece of piss, shouldnt take you more than half a day if youve never done it before.

highly recommend you buy a gregory's manual the night before tho and just study the process for an hour or 2 so youre keyed up on how you need to do it.

nick88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SS Voodoo
yea ive got a gregorys for my car '96 VS, but it tells you how to take it out if you have IRS like the stato does, so should b roughly the same.....hopefully:p

bruzza

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman 5.7
yea taking the back shockers out are easy just a couple of bolts, where is the relay to disconnect the auto leveling suspension??

nick88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SS Voodoo
i think it was under the steering column area, where all the usual fuese's were

bruzza

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman 5.7
yea would be good to take it out and have a look cause i recently lowered my car and it seems when i start it up the auto leveller raises the back up then when you turn it off you can here it let all the air out