Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WH Statesman starting issue

stockyvrcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ UTE
Hi all, did a search here but didnt find much info, i have a WH statesman gen 3, that sometimes when i start it, it fires up for a sec then just stops, no rough idle or anything like that, sometimes i have to try two, three or four times before it starts, removing and putting the key back in seems to help, anyone know what could be causing this? Any help greatly appreciated thanks.

Niper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 5.7 A4
when you turn the key to on position does the red light above the mode button flash
if it does press unlock on your key when in on position
the light should turn off and it shoud start
tell me if this works

higgo_69

Reaction score
mine does the same thing sometimes, also if it starts and i put it into drive to quickly it turns off,
for me i was thinking my battery wasnt cranking it enough so i was thinking of getting a new one (or try my mates battery) and see if it makes a difference

stockyvrcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ UTE
well it did it today, mode light was off from what i could see, so i pressed the unlock button and it started fine, so what could this be? Anyone know?

Niper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 5.7 A4
if the light is off it should start but if it is flashing just press unlock it will turn off then it should start

stockyvrcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ UTE
hi all, this problem seems to be getting progressivly worse, light on dash is off but still plays up

sly_gen3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt acclaim gen 3
my vt ls1 has the exact same problem. it seems too help if i take the key out lock and unlock the doors it usually fires straight away... any help would be fantastic as this is such a pain and very frustrating!!!

stockyvrcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ UTE
yeh tell me about it lol, i have a feeling its something to do with the immobiliser, not 100% sure though

hovo

Reaction score
Members Ride
wh v8 stato
my vt wagon used to do this, but it is a v6.
The problem was the bcm (body control module)
Eventually it just refused to run. It would fire up for about 1 second then cut out. Then nothing. If you removed key locked doors then unlocked them replaced key it would fire once then cut out.
$400 plus new keys at $75 each (year before last)
Good luck.
Jim