Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WH statsmen

robin wilden

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH statsmen V6 Super charged
Hi peeps

My latest Holden has an module problem according to the mechanic I went to .. He hooked my ride up to a computer and clear all error messages to date and asked to see it in a week which i did , It came up with an error code that he said he would have to contact his friend auto sparky I was fine with that, 12 weeks later and 7 phone calls to him, his answer to me is you will have to contact a GMH dealer wtf really all this time and thats the best you can do for me .. so i politely tell thanks for nothing ..

My cars problems are as follows

intermittent power steering turns off
traction control turns off
stereo switches off then back on sometimes just after starting and depending if I run my ac or not ... I have had my wheels check to see if they out dimension and or Tyre air pressure that i check once a week anyway not problems there that may cause traction control to turn off

..I now turn to the Holden members on here hoping to get some answers before I go to another mechanic or GMH dealer thx in advance for any advise

robin

Colin 1

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman
Sounds like it "could" be the ABS module might be faulty or starting to go, when they go bad it interferes with the communications line and causes weird problems, when mine went it caused to fans to turn on, power steering to go heavy, traction control off, stereo, but a bad earth can cause issues too.

Rocky1347

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH11 Caprice 5.7 V8 2002
My WH11 has similar problem, when I start it after a few seconds radio stops telephone display comes on
in radio it makes a dit ,dit sound several times then radio comes back on. I also have a parasitic drain in 10Amp BCM fuse
take fuse out drain stops, also remove 60Amp Engine plastic fusible link drain goes away.
I replaced my BCM with a supposedly Recoed one from Bursons some time ago still the same, then fitted S/H one
which was supposed to be okay, still the same. Local Holden dealer suggest I remove fuse each day to stop drain I told him
not so very politely, that is not how it is supposed to operate, anj hints would be much appreciated.
After 5 years of this I am sick of charging my batteries ????
Regards Robert

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Do you have Holden assist buttons on the mirror? If so the dit dit sound is probably because the SIM has expired and it can't connect. Count the number of beeps.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
How long does it take for your battery to go flat? The bcm will draw some current at all times due to the security system - but it shouldn’t be much.

How old’s your battery? Have you had it tested?

Colin 1

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman
My WH11 has similar problem, when I start it after a few seconds radio stops telephone display comes on
in radio it makes a dit ,dit sound several times then radio comes back on. I also have a parasitic drain in 10Amp BCM fuse
take fuse out drain stops, also remove 60Amp Engine plastic fusible link drain goes away.
I replaced my BCM with a supposedly Recoed one from Bursons some time ago still the same, then fitted S/H one
which was supposed to be okay, still the same. Local Holden dealer suggest I remove fuse each day to stop drain I told him
not so very politely, that is not how it is supposed to operate, anj hints would be much appreciated.
After 5 years of this I am sick of charging my batteries ????
Regards Robert

Colin 1

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman
Yes if you have driver assist fitted (it is constantly powered and has a sleep / wakeup check in mode when the engine is not running or the assist button is pressed during sleep) it can be a highly possible cause for parasitic power drain, most likely cause is (before the Telstra 2G GSM network shutdown) the SIM had been cancelled before the closure of the GSM network but the modem is still operational and as a result of both cancellation and eventually the closure of the Telstra 2G GSM network the modem is polling (transmitting) very regularly for a network to connect to, either polling and picking up the only remaining operational GSM network to find a no reply and keeps trying several dozen times an hour regardless if a network is there or not keeping the modem in the awake mode more often, also the button if damaged or other wakes up the modem or keeps the modem awake preventing it from going in to sleep mode.

Rocky1347

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH11 Caprice 5.7 V8 2002
Thank you guys I will check all listed, battery is fine replaced it, will check driver assist and disconnect it
as it still lights up but is well out of date.
Regards Rocky1347

Rocky1347

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH11 Caprice 5.7 V8 2002
Had to get Auto Electrician to bypass Holden assist no more problems.

Rocky1347

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH11 Caprice 5.7 V8 2002
Can anybody tell me what to look for have no vacuum at a/c controls
Rocky1347