Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What 1/4 mile times people getting in a vn?

kasey375

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt calais 383
Hi just wondering what times people are getting in the 1/4 mile in your vn's
I timed mine today and it did 17** sec's any good ? or could do alot better?
I have a v6 manual series 2.

Last edited:

krizko

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina
is your car stock? how many k's has it done? your time depends on a lot of factors, but i heard most people are getting low to high 16's on average.

kasey375

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt calais 383
yeah it is stock and its dual fuel and its done 264200km, i run it on gas and fuel and there both around the same time.

S

sk1p

My 89 Lexcen GL (VN Series 1 Berlina) all stock, got an unofficial 16.18sec with 3 people in the car - and the guy in the back was timing :p It's done 210,000k's.

Nikkojoe

Reaction score
Members Ride
AE86, VE M6 UTE, Toyota 86
I tuned an Live for speed car (a racing sim game with a nice drag strip :D) with the same tuning of a stock auto vn with no lsd and it ran a 16.2 so i say you should be getting around the 16's :D

kasey375

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt calais 383
thanks guys i was just wondering what every one else was getting.
i timed mine with a gtech.
do you think the thing on my throttle body for the gas restricting the air flow would be giving me higher times than eveyone else ?
also what quick cheap mods are there for the vn's to help me get a lower time.
thanks

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
If your engine was in near enough to new condition you should be cutting sub 16's fairly easily, closer to a mid 15 for a manual

Mark

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
no way. off the belt u would be pushin for mid 15 seconds, for a vn manual at its age stock you should be gettin low 16 seconds at best. with a full exhaust that when you should be gettin flat 16 even sub 16.
ya have to remember that thre engines are tired these days and arent as fast as they used to be low 16'2 is about wat to hope for from a stocko vn

ntl

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 VS 3.8L V6 Commodore
Not my car, but a mate of mine has a vn. When he just bought it, it was standard, all he did was pod and pull of exhaust to run at calder and he his fastest was a 14.93. He was stoked with that! Since then he's done cam, heads, chip and twin throttle bodies so we're keen to see what it will run now. Only thing is, he hasnt had chip re-mapped recently to suit the twin throttle bodies.