Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what a "great" start to married life

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
I can’t believe how you’re getting treated. I'd go full LEGAL on their arse. Everyone from your insurance company that you speak to get there full name, ID number and time of the call. So you can reference whom you spoke to and what about because they record all their calls.

Keep receipts for everything, the car the fuel, tolls, everything so you can claim for it later. If you have to rent a car because your insurance company wont on your behalf they have to reimburse you for it. That’s what you pay a premium for. You shouldn’t have to do this in the first place though…

99.9% of rear end accidents are the 2nd cars fault. Doesn’t matter if there was no brake lights or not, you hit someone up the arse you either weren’t paying attention / made a bad judgement, by the sound of it the guy could do neither.

Your insurance company can track down the woman that left early via the rego number.

Play hardball, just refuse to pay anything. Ask for explanations why I have to pay, where does it say in the PDS (Product Disclosure Statement). Make em sweat when they can’t answer. Tell them that you’ll be forwarding on all the costs you’ve incurred. If your not getting anywhere with the floor jockeys ask to speak to their supervisor.

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
Ya see one thing that bothers me about the part of no lights at the back.i remember a driving instructor telling me when I stop at the lights take it out of gear and pull on the hand brake.this is when u have to wait a while for the lights to change.the other thing is,isn’t the driver of an vehicle needs to be looking where they are going .what happens if the cars fuse went.still its up to a driver to look ahead .i would get legal advise as see where you stand after telling your storey.most will be in your favor..

the other argument though, even if lets just say by some freak chance all three stop lights weren't on, you would think there would be a reason a car would be stopped at a set of lights like hrm, i dont know, the lights shining red maybe?

not trying to have a dig at you there zapper but my point is even if it were a manual car and it was out of gear with the handbrake on at some red lights, the red lights still say stop, and lets just say a car is stopped at lights jsut as they go green ( coming up to the lights, car is there, lights change ) common sense would dictate one either changes lanes or slows down as the car ahead moves off.

the fact that the hit was hard enough to push the VX into the car ahead should be proof enough that the offender just wasn't paying due care and attention, if he didn't even attempt to brake [ what i have been told is the 'o****' factor ] then what the flip was this guy doing? staring at his speedo?

personally i think granting the circumstances, this guy hasn't a leg to stand on with his excuse.

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
wow....

today our insurance company have the nerve to say to chloe......

"Your car has finance owing on it in NSW therefore your insurance is null and void you dont get a pay out its your problem to sort it out"

she says to them, "we purchased it privatly in WA, it was registered in WA when we purchased it and we done a WA revs check that came back clean with no finance owing and still today it comes back clean no fiance owing"

then we get back "thats a lie theres finance owing you sort it out its your problem now"

me stressed to the eyeballs done a bit of research and found out that the car was origionally purchased in NSW and the DPI when taking it over the pits muddled up the numbers in the Engine number to correspond with another commodore with finance owing on it.

finnally without apology and beeing treated like crims that was sorted out and now we are going to get our claim but still stuck with excess untill further notice whilst they do their investigation.

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
I just checked the calender annnnnd nope its not april, so they are being serious...

name and shame the insurance company?

sleek_vp

sleek_vp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute
I agree 110%! totally off subject and i apologise but this has to be told. I was listening to the radio today and in the news they told about a pub in carins has stopped its santa saying ho ho ho because it might offend women, they want him to say hey hey hey instead........ WTF!!!!!!!

Australia is turning into america where you cant pick your nose without someone fag sueing you on some crappy 300 year old rule. its a 250+ year old bloody AROUND THE WORLD tradition!!! If my girldfriend got offened by santa saying ho ho ho id take two steps to the left and annouce shes not mine.

WTF! WTF! WTF! Is this country coming to, that tops the list for most f&&cked up rules, omg 'hey hey hey merry christmas', exactly if my mrs got offended id probably just think what a wanker.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
I just checked the calender annnnnd nope its not april, so they are being serious...

name and shame the insurance company?
my guess is NRMA. they are idiots, i have never heard anyone say anything good about them

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
Wow man, this is the worst story ive herd. I hope your wife is okay and all. I hope you sue the a$$cheeks off this guy. Your insurance company sound like a bunch of pri cks also, if the insurance still refuse to pay up etc, send ACA a email and once your insurance company gets wind that they will be harassed by ACA they always come to the table quick smart.

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
one step better... ring today tonight, if there crap wont get you your money, theres no hope!

Marco-EFIVL

Now driving R34 GT-T taxi
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nissan Skyline, R34 GT-T (RB25DET NEO) sedan
This is where cops should just whisper in your ear (go, crack him one sonny, square in the jaw, I didn't see nothin')... *wink wink*...

Justice these days.. It barely exists in any way, shape or form.....