Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What are these rims called?

dzire

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE E3 R8 'Black Edition'
Hey Mina. I'm looking around at getting some new rims. I've been quoted $1600 for the Five + Five's with entry level tyre's and about $1850 for decent ones. Wondering if that's a good price compared to what you paid?

Also what suspension specs have you got? Your car sounds + looks mean by the way =D

sorry to bump >.<

mina_783

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore
Hey Mina. I'm looking around at getting some new rims. I've been quoted $1600 for the Five + Five's with entry level tyre's and about $1850 for decent ones. Wondering if that's a good price compared to what you paid?

Also what suspension specs have you got? Your car sounds + looks mean by the way =D

sorry to bump >.<

Think i paid $1900 for mine which was with good quality khumo rubber. Definately get the better tyres, personally i wouldnt go with anything else than the khumo tyres, they are great. Cant remember how low i went but i do know i used Lovell springs, prob similar height to King Springs SL or SSL. Lovells have got a much better ride than Kings i reckon

dzire

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE E3 R8 'Black Edition'
Thanks. For the moment I'm just going with the FE2 pack from another member off of this forum so it'll drop a little but not as much as yours yet. What is your car like handling wise going with a low profile tyre and lowering it? I might have a bit of a lead foot but in the wet my tyres seem to spin more than other 6 cylinder cars I've driven.

mina_783

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore
Thanks. For the moment I'm just going with the FE2 pack from another member off of this forum so it'll drop a little but not as much as yours yet. What is your car like handling wise going with a low profile tyre and lowering it? I might have a bit of a lead foot but in the wet my tyres seem to spin more than other 6 cylinder cars I've driven.

From my experience id gow low straight away. I went the half arsed version to start off with and i sooned realised that i should have gone lower. So i ended up paying double what i could of, but its up to you. Wet weather in my car is a joke. i spose it does depend on how hard you put your foot down but i spin all the time. I cant remember what it was like with the stock 16" i had but i think any commodore with no traction control is goin to do it pretty easily. I wouldnt want it any other way though, its to much fun!

dzire

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE E3 R8 'Black Edition'
From my experience id gow low straight away. I went the half arsed version to start off with and i sooned realised that i should have gone lower. So i ended up paying double what i could of, but its up to you. Wet weather in my car is a joke. i spose it does depend on how hard you put your foot down but i spin all the time. I cant remember what it was like with the stock 16" i had but i think any commodore with no traction control is goin to do it pretty easily. I wouldnt want it any other way though, its to much fun!

Haha that it is... Thanks for your opinion. =)