Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What Are Those Dash-mounted Dials On Hsv Cars For?

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
Ok well I didn't know if this was the right place to ask, but after looking at several HSV cars (eg. the new GTS Coupe or Sedan) I noticed they have two dials in the centre of the dash. Not on the instrument cluster.

Anyway, I was just wondering what they're for, and what is actually on the instrument cluster? Very confused and curious! thanks

Boeing777

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Thunder SV6 Ute
From memory I think they are a Coolant Temp guage, and a Battery Voltage indicator, both of which are very simple to add on to any VY because thats all being monitored and fed into the instrument cluster for tech mode anyway.

clixanup

Has Left
Reaction score
Actually, on the latest GTS, one of them is a tyre pressure monitor.

It takes the place of the volt meter.

The cost to fit these is very steep, and contrary to a prior post, the wiring is not simple - even for the volt meter. For the oil pressure gauge, you need to change the sender unit on the engine block - which I'm led to believe is in a very awkward place.

For the tyre pressure gauge to work, you need to remove the tyres to install the pressure sensors.

A lot of people are buying the binnacles without the gauges and then adding their own gauges. Even then, cost is around $400 all up if you do it yourself.