Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What are you drinking right now?

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
About $45 AUD, $34 USD on a 1.75 bottle

Correction, is 94 Proof

20210905_193603.jpg

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
If you like rum, I can highly recommend Appleton Estate Jamaican rum
There's a few to choose from.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
If you like rum, I can highly recommend Appleton Estate Jamaican rum
There's a few to choose from.
I used to drink rum when I worked full time as a bar man back in 1976/77. That’s when you could drink and work lol. I would give myself a triple topped up with black currant juice so that my boss would think I was just drinking black currant juice! Thems were the days.
I probably didn’t really appreciate rum back then, and haven’t drank much of it since.
I notice Dan Murphy has your recommendation and I might try it next time I get myself a bottle of spirits. Cheers!

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
I am not a big fan of rum. However, when I get the chance to travel to Puerto Rico, I buy Ron del Barrilito (rum from the little barrel), or Trigo. According to their site, the Little Barrel rum distillery has a cask dedicated for one occasion. That occasion is when Puerto Rico become independent, the cask will be open, and the owners at the time will toast for the freedom. Never seen it, could be a gimmick, but if is true, is going to be aged well over 100 years. The rum is really good, some people say that has Brandy qualities, to me is close to a Whiskey, a bit harsh, not as smooth, with a good oak flavor. Is good for sipping.

Screenshot_20210905-220211_Brave.jpg

And here is one of my bottles, got 4 left.

20210905_220635.jpg

Last edited:

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
I recently went to my nephews/Godsons bucks party. It was an all weekender in a wooded area just outside Seymour. There was thirty plus lads drinking, smoking, dropping and snorting whatever.
Me, I just stuck to three dozen or so mixed stubbies of Boags Premium and Coopers Pale Ale, plus a few pipes of Carlton Draught, followed by umpteen shots of some dodgy looking Tequila.
Now I’m just resting with a slow bottle of Dimple Scotch Whisky..........Ah the memories, drinking a beer from my boot, running naked through a wooded glen, having to lick the armpit of another man, oh and snorting a line of coke off the arse cheek of a topless.............Ah the memories.

H

harrop.senator

I recently went to my nephews/Godsons bucks party. It was an all weekender in a wooded area just outside Seymour. There was thirty plus lads drinking, smoking, dropping and snorting whatever.
Me, I just stuck to three dozen or so mixed stubbies of Boags Premium and Coopers Pale Ale, plus a few pipes of Carlton Draught, followed by umpteen shots of some dodgy looking Tequila.
Now I’m just resting with a slow bottle of Dimple Scotch Whisky..........Ah the memories, drinking a beer from my boot, running naked through a wooded glen, having to lick the armpit of another man, oh and snorting a line of coke off the arse cheek of a topless.............Ah the memories.

This is the type of weekends dreams are made from.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
One thing that I cannot do is, drinking beer and chasing it with tequila. For some reason, turns my stomach upside down. I can drink either one separate. You know, those volcanos with vinegar and baking soda... that is me when I take the tequila shot.