Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What Bushings are these?

king_rick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 5.0L Berlina wagon
Also by inner bushes I think husky is refering to the inner control arm bushes in your second pic... these need to be pressed in.

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
Yes I meant the front control arm inner bush. And whilst the factory ones will need to be pressed out, you can buy new bushes to slide in. I just bought a whole new arm with bushes in case the ball joint was stuffed.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2

LordEthan2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
Yes I meant the front control arm inner bush. And whilst the factory ones will need to be pressed out, you can buy new bushes to slide in. I just bought a whole new arm with bushes in case the ball joint was stuffed.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2

I probably should have done the same thing i guess, Hmm.. I beleive the ball joint can be replaced though if worst comes to worse?

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Yep, around $30 to $40 a pair for ball joints on ebay, they went back to the press in type ball joints on VT and later, (The VR and VS ball joints were riveted in place and you could replace the ball joint on these using nuts and bolts.). With VT and later models, you just need to remove the control arms and take them along with the new ball joints to a mechanic to have the old ones pressed out and the new ones pressed in, this takes around 20 minutes to half and hour, so it doesnt cost that much..
The VT series 1 uses press in ball joints, but these are slightly diffferent to series 2 and later, the series 2 type are used right through to VZ models.
Heres a pic of the VS control arms I did myself a while back , the nolathane bushes cost around $50 each side, and these dont need to be pressed back in like the orignial rubber type, they just fit back in by hand, (which makes replacement at a later time,very easy) and the ball joints were around $30 each. They wanted around $300 or more basically for the same control arms with new ball joints and nolathane bushes on ebay.

Attachments

• 100_0810.jpg
    100_0810.jpg
    294.4 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:

bomner12

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss ls1
I replaced these along with the radius rod bush the one up the front, I got kit from nolathane part no. EVOCOM5C, has the bushes u have photos of and also and adjustable radius rod bush, i set mine to adjustable and let the wheel alignment bloke to adjust it to where it needs to be. Has all instructions with it of what to do

the kit i got was on eBay about $210 free delivery