Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What can I do to my vy, looks and performance

Joshwt2001

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 2003
I have owned my vy for 6 months now previously had a 4x4 which I loved modding, now that I have the vy im not too sure what I can do to it other than exhaust/wheels would love to hear some ideas for the performance and look of the car.

I don’t have a massive budget somewhere around 3k at the moment obviously in the future would like to do more

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Wash it, buff it and don't go bush bashing in it.

Buy some sensibly sized wheels...ie something round the 16" or 17" mark...

That should take care of that $3K budget nicely

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
I have owned my vy for 6 months now previously had a 4x4 which I loved modding, now that I have the vy im not too sure what I can do to it other than exhaust/wheels would love to hear some ideas for the performance and look of the car.

I don’t have a massive budget somewhere around 3k at the moment obviously in the future would like to do more
Assuming your car is a V6, I wouldn't go too far into modifying it, as you'll never get your money back, performance gains on an N/A Ecotec is minimal and V6 Commodores in general don't sound good with an exhaust (though they sound better than a GQ Patrol)... Anyways, I'd probably put a nice set of wheels on it (18-19"), maybe lower it a little, CAI and call it a day (but CAI power gains are minimal on N/A engines)... You could also play with diff gears and stuff like that, but you'll be spending quite a bit of money which could go to maintenance and a holiday...