Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What cars do you regret selling?

M

Ms_ss

Hi,

Anyone regret selling their VN/VPs?

Last edited by a moderator:

Aussie Trev

Reaction score
Members Ride
2 by VX Acclaim Wagon Series II 2001 & 2002
No, I gave my VN wagon away free. What I do regret selling though were my 186S 4 speed HK Premier sedan with all black interior, power windows, modified suspension and big fat mags, also my 327 HK Brougham with full custom body work and paint, upgraded suspension, killer Alpine stereo all sitting on 7"s in front and 8"s in the back. When I think back to how little I sold them for back in the day and what they are worth now it's enough to make an old man very sad.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
What I do regret selling though were my 186S 4 speed HK Premier sedan with all black interior, power windows, modified suspension and big fat mags

Ahhh, memories, except it was a HK 186S 4 speed black interior Kingswood with all the option boxes ticked. It lasted 5 years and 140,000 miles before rust and engine problems doomed it.
An equivalent replacement Holden was easy to get back then, dispensable, like water from a tap.

HQ Monaro LS 253, 2nd owner, had it 20 years with intention of restoring it. Never happened. But it was no pain to see it towed away to an enthusiast buyer. Cost me $6K to buy, sold it for $19K, probably now worth about $50K. Current whereabouts and condition, dunno.

One of the first of the VN 5 litre Calais, FE2 and big tank. A huge money pit. Only lasted 8 years and 240Km. Great car to drive fast over a long distance, but as age and the distance racked up, each month was another niggle that needed bigger dollars. I don’t regret buying it, or trading it. Thought it was car heaven on a stick at the time. Except from the maintenance costs, it could have been a long term keeper/garage queen.

I don’t regret selling any of my cars, they were outgrown by family commitments, or just about stuffed when I got rid of them, not through lack of maintenance, they had become a potential bottomless money pits, that I have learned to stop digging in.
Not sad about any of them, although I wish that I still had original pristine examples of those three.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
MY HZ wagon, HX panel Van, VP ute.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Regret selling my GTRXU-1 . I swapped my HQ statesman for it.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
My 1977 LX 4.2 4 Speed [M20] SL Torana Sedan, in Mandarina Red ;)
I rebuilt the motor with a Holden Mechanic,
and put a LSD Banjo Diff Centre in it.
Re-built the Gear Box numerous times, as the M20 were not strong enough behind a 4.2 [253].
Man It was the Best Car I ever had in my 20's,:)
It was only a SL, but it was a great Car.
Only If I new then 40 years ago, what I knew now.:confused:

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Bought & rebuilt stolen/recovered vn group a...felt like the car was jinxed & don't miss it at all.

Had vn cop car(replica) built to be a burnout/drift car..trashed it a bit,sat unused for years in backyard rotting away so that had to go.

Got vp ute that I bought as total junk,first rebuilt it from leftover parts on footpath to be decent & cheap daily driver....then did v8 conversion.
Actually want to keep this one if accident damage can be fixed.

Had heaps of other cars but op asked about VN/VPs

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps
Yep, my 89 VN 5-speed Exec. Bought it in 1995 as my first car. It had 150k kms when I got it but it still looked and drove like new. I regret selling it because it's tough to find VNs in the condition I remember it.