Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What colour is the $20

What colour is the $20 note

• Red

Votes: 60 68.2%
  • Orange

Votes: 28 31.8%

• Total voters

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
Well, I've never really thought about it, but as soon as I read the question I thought, "It's red..." And voted red.

So I went a dug a $20 note out and had a better look. It seems to be kinda orangish, but I looks more red to me.

GLD-086

Reaction score
Looks red to me too. Unless you throw up on it, then it would be orange because of the carrots.

lol

I've always seen it as orange. Not like I pay much attention anyway, because it's usually not in my posession for very long, when I go to the grog shop.:yeah:

albert5268

Texas Hacksaw Massacre
Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII LS1 6 spd
From www.answers.com

$20 notes are also sometimes called redbacks, both due to their colour and as a play on the slang term greenback for the American dollar.

Heres some snippets i found on government websites

The one hundred dollar note is green in colour, the fifty dollar note is yellow in colour, the twenty dollar note is red in colour, the ten dollar note is blue, and the five dollar note is a light purple.

* All notes are colour coded differently

$5 Pink - note that there are two different designs of the $5 note
$10 Blue
$20 Red
$50 Yellow
$100 Green

Looks like they intended for it to be red. I have yet to find a website that described it as orange.

Edit: just noticed one government website describes the $5 as purple and the other as pink... guess they are a bit confused as well... maybe we should start another poll on what colour the $5 note is ;)

Noy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS 5.0
Im a printer, and some companys just to name 2:

Coca-cola
Qantas

Have colors that they copyright, coca-colas red isnt just a normal plain red neither is qantas's red. I know a lot of companys that copyright there colors.

Dont know if the notes have the same deal or not, I can ask my mate at work though who used to print notes.

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
it is copyrighted, found that out today.

Noy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS 5.0
The note or the color lol?