Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what colour should I paint my calipers

glennho

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS -1977 HX Premier,2012 Hilux 4x4
i used a small wire brush on my drill and cleaned them.that alone looked quite good.but i painted them gloss black and the hubs aswell.looks good with my jet chrome rims.i think stock brakes dont need advertising as they are a bit boring but replace the rotors with drilled or slotted and the they dont look to bad painted whatever color you choose.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
the yellow is too bright... you want it catch your eye, not blind it :).

loku16

Reaction score
Website
www.addicted2fish.com.au
Members Ride
2010 VE SS-V Wagon
I think black is a waste of time as you don't really notice standard brake calipers and painting them black would have little to no effect in making people notice them. I'd say gold/yellow.

Unless you have upgraded calipers, I don't see the point in trying to show them off. They look too small for such a powerful engine! If I had something like brembo or harrop or similar.. i would definitely want to show it off!! and paint it red or a bright color :)

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sting SV Black Edition Tourer
colour depends on two things IMO
1. What colour your car is
2. how bold are you prepared to be.

I'm using green on my big brakes when they arrive. Similar to the stripe. But on a black car, I would def go yellow, gold or red for safe or any colour to be bold. On a white car, you could do any colour really as well. For a green car, yellow would look good as would white. IMO, dont do red. Red has been done to death on every car since man invented them (ok exaggerated but you get what I mean).

As I said, it depends on how bold you can be. If you look at that G2 website G2 Brake Caliper Paint System Set (and mentioned in this thread http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/ve-holden-commodore-2006/172316-brake-calipers.html#post1916990), you could have a Sizzle coloured series 2 and have sizzle coloured brakes.

huthy14

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss
The final decision has been made by the other half going yellow all round