Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what colour!!!

vl-05

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
project car ready to paint cant decide on a colour , originally white. Two tone? will it suit a 1987 vl or just a nice colour with a pearl? or back to white nice clean colour? help!!:drink: :b:

Attachments

• project.JPG
    project.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 315

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
hmmmm its your car and you have to drive and look at it. I reckon white with silver along the bottom is classy.

Jules86

The Cream Machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL(VeryLow) Commodore Exec.
White is too ordinary, nice but ordinary. Dark tailights maybe bright car, not fluro...yuck...seen to many deteriated fluro vls, go a nice metallic or pearl, lighter colour stands out more but whatever your favourite colour is. One colour looks better than 2 tone even if its a calais. Even White with a pearl looks nice.

Also should pick a colour 2 suit your surroundings, like i park my car on dirt everyday so i don't want a black car.

I am either going metallic cream vl calais on it's arse with 18 chromes, or sparkly silver pearl with group A kit maybe airbrushing.

C

craigvl038

red always looks good i reckon or a light blue like on the monaros but yeah light colours look better.

bradvt98

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt executive
i like a dark metallicy green i want that colour on the car i get to do up when i get my own place or i do also like the idea of the monaro blue that
craigvl038 said

macdee

your local "Hoon"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
hi jacking your thread for a bit, but im thinking of doing my vl matt black just to see what it looks like! what do you guys think? and i think if you get a nice bright white it would look sick man! with the body kit aswell!

bradvt98

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt executive
no matt black looks good on old hot rods and stuff but not on a commodore that's my opinion anyway i think it looks like it's only half done or something you want it all nice and shiny.

macdee

your local "Hoon"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
heres a matt black vh!
i think it looks sweet as!

Attachments

• mattblack.jpg
    mattblack.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 322

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
VH looks good because it's chrome, don't do it to a plastic VL!

By the way that VH is awesome, who's is it or where can I find more pics of it?

As for colour.. something bright, but something custom if you can afford it, sick of seeing hothouse or another hero colour on older cars

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Are you leaving the kit on? If so don't go two tone. And even then its up to you.