Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What Crocodiles are they up to?

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Even Pedders inspection cost is a rip off....Same applies with that Jax inspection...Call me old school, but doing any tyre work, you have a quick peek at the brake pads and comment to the customer about it....Prior to aligning a car, I give the front end a "wiggle and shake" to see if anything is worn and advise the customer if something is worn and don't continue on with the alignment....And the best part of it is, the customer doesn't get charged, particularly with the front end check....Something worn. pointless aligning the car, as it'll only have to be re-aligned when the worn component/s are replaced
Pedders inspection was always a joke and anyone with any idea of vehicles knew that.
Jax inspection is free with any purchase but designed to get you to spend money just the same, although let's be honest, some people have no idea about vehicles or servicing or even a general idea of maintenance so it may just save some lives.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Pedders inspection was always a joke and anyone with any idea of vehicles knew that.

The Pedders place that I use must be different.
On two cars that I have taken there, explained what the problem is, as shown to me by regular servicing mech, they have looked, confirmed the problem, no charge, and then done the work at a cost that I considered fair as I checked various prices beforehand.

Pablito

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, VE SS
The sale papers will have the KMS that were on the car when the dealer took ownership. So if there's 300 more on it, it means someone there was driving it and maybe also some test drives.
It's one of those 'if the customer doesn't mention it....... we won't either' type things. 300 less kms for them to cover in the statutory warranty. Dodgy, but every second hand car I've bought has had more kms than the sales paper work. I've always made them write on the paper the actual kms in the document.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Jax inspection is free with any purchase but designed to get you to spend money just the same, although let's be honest, some people have no idea about vehicles or servicing or even a general idea of maintenance so it may just save some lives.

Yeah, I see it as preying on the vunerable and gullable....Annoys me to no end

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
The Pedders place that I use must be different.
On two cars that I have taken there, explained what the problem is, as shown to me by regular servicing mech, they have looked, confirmed the problem, no charge, and then done the work at a cost that I considered fair as I checked various prices beforehand.

It's not only pedders although I don't have a problem with them apart from the mechanic leaving dirty hand marks on the steering wheel and gear lever.
It's right across the country.
This week I took my car for a rotate and balance to a tyre mechanical franchise I have been dealing with for over 20 years.
They only balanced 2 wheels but charged for 4.
I watched the fitter move the rears to the balancer then move the fronts straight to the rear of the car, no balance.
I told them then also sent an email to head office.
I won't be back.

Last edited:

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Rang them and told them I bought the car one week before the Shutdown for Covid and only done 150 K's since when I purchased the car, they were not interested at all.

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII Calais V 6.2L Sed
Rang them and told them I bought the car one week before the Shutdown for Covid and only done 150 K's since when I purchased the car, they were not interested at all.
Maybe you should threaten to get your team of lawyers on them.

Pablito

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, VE SS
They don't care because it doesn't matter?
It only matters if you needed to make a warranty claim and the extra 300 kms put you over the 5000kms..........
As I said before, it's one of those things a buyer should check before they sign the paper work. Just like you would have checked it was the right vin etc

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
The sale papers will have the KMS that were on the car when the dealer took ownership. So if there's 300 more on it, it means someone there was driving it and maybe also some test drives.
The car was just traded about less than two weeks ago from the date I purchased it. I checked and found out that a Lady that owned the car and I rang her, spoke to her and she told me everything that i needed to know. I say someone in the dealership possible took the car away for the weekend with their family because under the seat I found a DVD of "Despicable Me" You would think they would look under the seat when detailing the car but it was very wet day so I forgive them but you must look under the seat because of the wiring in that region and you dont want to change the position of the seat and disconnect the air bag by accident