Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What dash would fit a VK??

V

vksimmo

Hi, i was wondering what sort of dash i could use for my 85 mod VK to spice it up a lil and separate it from the rest! any ideas??

T

TUF308

vl dash bolts straight in pretty much, few little chamges, nothing major.

V

vksimmo

anything newer model dashes fit?? i've heard that a vn or vp fit. anyone know if thats true or if there's any newer model dashes that fit???

simon

Shifty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
EF Almost Turbo
the VN/VP are a slightly larger car, so I dont know about that.. unless you change it..

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
i have seen vy dash in a vl, and i have seen a vs dash in a vk but i think there is a bit of trim work involed

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
Ok the VN dash is about 4cm too wide to bolt directly in, the later dashes can be made to fit though, I have seen one somewhere but cant remember where.

cheers
Scott

Demons1964

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais, WHII Statesman V8, VC L 202
vkberlina said:
Ok the VN dash is about 4cm too wide to bolt directly in, the later dashes can be made to fit though, I have seen one somewhere but cant remember where.
Scott, I'm not sure if we're thinking of the same car but I've got a magazine at home somewhere from the mid-late '90s with a VS dash modified to fit inside an orange-red VB. The bodyshell itself had been given the 6 window treatment as well so it looks identical to a VK (why not use a VK first? who knows). The owner was rather coy about the modifications and reskinning required to make the dash fit but it apparently wasn't easy. So it can be done, but like anything it all depends on how much you want to pay.