Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What did you do at work today?

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
I'm pushing 3x major updates/bug fixes to online food ordering applications into production for a series of pub chains.

Which I reaaaaaally don't like doing on a Friday, the weekend is the busiest trade period.

But it is what it is

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
I'm pushing 3x major updates/bug fixes to online food ordering applications into production for a series of pub chains.

Which I reaaaaaally don't like doing on a Friday, the weekend is the busiest trade period.

But it is what it is
I had a robot go bad on friday arvo doing an update. Fallout was epic. I swore then I would never do fridays, or long weekend updates again.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
I had a robot go bad on friday arvo doing an update. Fallout was epic. I swore then I would never do fridays, or long weekend updates again.
Haha thats what I keep saying too, but management has the power to overrule that decision when clients get demanding.

It's either going to go really really well, or my weekend is going to suck. No inbetween.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
The usual for me today...People whinging and whining the price of their tyres is way too much...They shouldn't wear out after 40,000+kays....Shouldn't need a wheel alignment because I don't hit kerbs....

Luckily no whinging about the smell I left in their cars, that I heard about anyway....I mean, not my fault I decided to have a beef, lettuce and onion roll for lunch.... o_O

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
I trimmed about 40 poh grass plants with cyclone hand shears, cleaned out the gutters on three buildings, wire wooled the hose ends on eight ducted vacuum hoses, and re-screwed half a dozen bed slats to their frames.
Now I'm sitting here with ice packs on my osteoarthritic basal thumbs joints contemplating another glass of Jameson Whiskey and what is the meaning of life.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
I trimmed about 40 poh grass plants with cyclone hand shears, cleaned out the gutters on three buildings, wire wooled the hose ends on eight ducted vacuum hoses, and re-screwed half a dozen bed slats to their frames.
Now I'm sitting here with ice packs on my osteoarthritic basal thumbs joints contemplating another glass of Jameson Whiskey and what is the meaning of life

According to Leonard Cohen. The meaning of life. Da do dum dum, da do dum dum. (repeat}

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Thought I'd contribute some more to this thread, with something that happened to me today

Fella came in yesterday for an alignment...Straight forward job.....Did the alignment, drove all straight and steering wheel straight blah blah.

Well, he came back today, whinging and whining...Car was pulling hard left...Calling me a cnut (well, derr, you are what you eat), saying I stuffed it and all the b/s that goes with it

Whilst he was having his rant,, I noticed his front left was flat.....So after he finished his whinge session, I politely pointed to the fact he had a flat tyre and that'd be the cause.....

So after fixing his puncture, he got sent on his merry way, without so much as a sorry, kiss my ass or anything....Didn't even come back to thank me for fixing his problem

Ungrateful prick.....Rather obvious he was too quick to shoot his mouth off rather than open his eyes and realise the cause...

Dylan kingswood

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 s2 Ve ss
Boss sent me to a job for a annual drain clean where tree roots get a haircut, opened up old cast iron inspection and got squirted with a bit of poo.
Ive been covered more than once in my life but made today a **** day

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230524-192435_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230524-192435_Gallery.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 77

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
I spent the day pressure washing colour bond corrugated iron buildings. Wet and noisy all day.
Shoulders are aching like f@#k now. Fortunately, there is alcohol to ease the pain:)