Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What did you do to your VR/VS today?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
@Timbo, really, how can anyone know whether you were aware of the legality or not since you made no statement in your post.

So, it’s always worth making the statement incase you, or even some young sapling that sees your post and thinks such a mod is a better idea than sliced bread (hint, it’s not). Then, as an adult, you or any curious young saplings should now be aware of their vehicles un-roadworthiness if you already weren’t ;)

And regardless of how aware you are of the consequences and whether you choose to take risks with your life, other road users aren’t aware that your car being driven on public roads is defective and dangerous. So, if your tyre blows when your going around a fast corner and as a result you swing wide and kill someone, don’t cry when you’re sentenced to some time in goal... cause you’re a big boy.

Timbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs ute V8 manual & Vl walkinshaw
@Timbo, really, how can anyone know whether you were aware of the legality or not since you made no statement in your post.

So, it’s always worth making the statement incase you, or even some young sapling that sees your post and thinks such a mod is a better idea than sliced bread (hint, it’s not). Then, as an adult, you or any curious young saplings should now be aware of their vehicles un-roadworthiness if you already weren’t ;)

And regardless of how aware you are of the consequences and whether you choose to take risks with your life, other road users aren’t aware that your car being driven on public roads is defective and dangerous. So, if your tyre blows when your going around a fast corner and as a result you swing wide and kill someone, don’t cry when you’re sentenced to some time in goal... cause you’re a big boy.
So wot did you do to your vr vs today ?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
So wot did you do to your vr vs today ?
Actually, yesterday I helped a mate fix the radio in his roadworthy POS VS (it still needs lots of work). And we didn’t break any laws when we took it for a drive ;)

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
SORRY Didn't know I had two Dads on the forum.. Well aware off consequences..

So what you are saying is, I don't give a damn my car is dangerous to drive and if I have a tyre failure as a rresult of it and hit someone else, stiff bikkies....

Seriously pal, it was posted to be helpful, not as a snipe at you...Those places that do it don't give a damn about your car...They just give a damn about getting into your wallet

Timbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
So what you are saying is, I don't give a damn my car is dangerous to drive and if I have a tyre failure as a rresult of it and hit someone else, stiff bikkies....

Seriously pal, it was posted to be helpful, not as a snipe at you...Those places that do it don't give a damn about your car...They just give a damn about getting into your wallet
Not at all its just not as bad as you guys have made it out to be 0.2 to 0.5 of a mm came off . My missus takes more off by hitting kerbs .

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Not at all its just not as bad as you guys have made it out to be 0.2 to 0.5 of a mm came off . My missus takes more off by hitting kerbs .

Little tip...The strength of a tyre comes from the sidewall.....Start removing little bits of rubber weakens the sidewall....The sidewall fails, the rest I'll leave upto you...

Oh and being in the tyre industry for a couple of years (lost count at 20), I know a little bit about tyres and how they work....I am aware what is legal and what isn't....so the rest is in your hands

Timbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
On a more positive note put my freshly painted engine covers on today .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210115-193743_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210115-193743_Gallery.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Fuggin' cats strike again...worked on ute weight loss program so got another 20kgs out back of it.

Thought I'd take it for little drive after giving it a quick clean & check on vitals (oil/water/fuel)

Pop bonnet to find 3 cats sleeping on banana manfold...mofos didn't want to leave.

Should have known better but drove it anyway...10 mins into the drive ute stalls & smell of evaporating cat piss lol

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Got myself a late Christmas present via SCA on sat, Bissell spot clean on special.

Did the front seats and all I can say is I can't believe the filth that come out. Brilliant little unit. Seats are much cleaner but will need another hit down the track after more practice. rear seats are next when we're get some warmer weather.