Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What did you do to your VR/VS today?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I had those on a Lancer once. Piece of gravel pierced a two week old tyre. IMHO they are not real durable at all.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Run all over town trying to find copper brake hose washers. Eventually got some at a brake place as it appears that auto shops do not carry them as they need to be a certain ID & OD to fit. Then I had to find a Y piece joiner for the vac line that I snapped yesterday when replacing the manifold water hose adapter. Holden's no longer carry them as they have been discontinued. Tried Rare Spares and no luck. Ended up having to by a generic T piece adapter in a packet off the shelf at Repco which seems to have fixed the no heat issue with my heater and I now have working heater controls again. Booked the ute in for the tail-shaft bearing to be replaced next week getting him to fit the new TPS while he is there as reading on the forum it sounds like they can be tricky to fit if some part (butterfly flap) doesn't line up or can drop out of place???? Sounds tricky going by what the thread says??? Think I might have a sump gasket leak as it's pretty weepy, especially around the front of the engine. Shouldn't be the crank seal as I replaced it not long ago. Hoping that torqueing up the sump bolts a bit might take care of the weep. Not really enthusiastic enough to pull out the engine if I can find a simple solution. Besides that the weep is just that it's not bad enough yet to leave any oil on the ground. Hoping that once I get the TS bearing replaced I can ease up on repairs. Only thing I have one the list from KTAS that really needs doing after that should be to fit the new CA's I have. That will probably wait until I get tyres as it's not causing me any issues that I can tell.
Might overhaul the front brakes next Tues as I now have everything I need to complete the job, including braided lines. Gonna depend on whether the builder turns up or not though because if he does I will be working on the house finishing the veranda. Having said that if the pads are not worn right down yet I may not worry as I figure I might as well wear them out completely since pretty much everything is getting replaced.

Bradski

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute
Trying to find info on pushing my back wall back on my ute? Anybody got any pointers?

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Would be really interested to see if someone posts here and what they know/suggest. I've always wanted to that as well but own a maloo now and not willing to do that to it.
Haven't researched it but have given a fair bit of thought.
Big job to do it properly . I'm assuming you'd want to take it down vertically from the back window. Means you mite need extra forming in the new wall since it's now vertical instead of angled.
It means you'd need a new custom fuel tank and cavity. Shorten up the bolt down side and floor panels. Bring tray drains aft to the new back of the tray .
Mite need strengthening down at floor on sides if you take new wall all the way to floor.
If you are seriously thinking of doing this extent I'd be talking to an engineer as it should be engineered and they'd be telling exactly what they want.
If you just wanted a little bit of extra storage to fit small to medium sized things then a much simpler idea would be to cut a hole in back wall, make a hinged or sliding door, sliding could be bigger.
Then make removable bolt in box, install in tray, bolt and seal to back wall.

Jaymz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec 1996, VS SS 1996
I touched up the spots where the clear coat had come away, on the boot, roof and bonnet.

Didnt come up too bad, you can still see a bit of an outline on some of the spots, but it is mainly where the new clear coat didnt quite fill the hole up to the same level. But over all, pretty pleased with it all. Just need to put more time into it and re-sand back the spots again with 2000 grit and put another coat over it. But at least now there is no horrible matt spots!

DSC_0901.jpg
DSC_0903.jpg
DSC_0905.jpg

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
After picking up the VS after blower rebuild yesterday went for long drive in a nice cold car.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Did the brake overhaul today. 3hr job took me about 6hrs. I bought a seal kit and the caliper piston dust seal was about 1mm too big and would not go in. No matter what I did I could not get it to seat properly and stay in when I used air to get the piston to move out. Ended up refitting the old dust seals and using the rest of the kit to replace the remaining rubbers. Just as I thought I was all sweet I put the left wheel back on and the banjo bolt was leaking. Added and extra copper washer on the caliper side and it seems to be fine now. Did notice the washers I bought were a fair bit thinner than the original ones.
brakes.jpg

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Wasn't expecting to see this considering the previous owner had replaced the struts before I bought the vehicle.
strut.jpg

StephenM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Equippe Series II
Took into Mt garnet for the safety certificate. Tomorrow into Ravenshoe for the rego transfer. SAAB has gone to a good home with three companions to sit next to in a back yard.