Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What did you do to your VR/VS today?

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I used vinegar with a handful of 8mm nuts inside of a 10L steel tank for a lawn edger, 3L all it took to shake out all the rust.

Unclemushy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
Bought mine a week ago did the motor mounts and a service, been on the road since yesterday, got boot struts today, hopefully that fixes the boot not popping open from the lever, and waiting on a 2.5" ebay exhaust from the cat back, I like a bit of noise from my cars but I might just sell it when it arrives because someone i know owns a v6 ve commodore, I don't really like how it sounds under load for some reason and he spent big bucks...

StephenM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Equippe Series II
I pulled the fuel tank out of mine only to find it likely has sugar in the tank. If not when you leave a tank to sit for 6 years bad things happen I believe the former happened though as there is crystaline build up on the sender unit.

So new tank, sender unit and pump are required because there's rust all through the tank. I might try and repair the current tank and swap out the sender not sure yet. If I repair the tank I may aswel build a custom swirl pot and weld in some steel line and run an external pump.

Not sure which direction I'll go.
Put some sand or fine gravel in it and shake the sh@t out of it. Get a few mates over and a few beers. Worked on a bike tank.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Put some sand or fine gravel in it and shake the sh@t out of it. Get a few mates over and a few beers. Worked on a bike tank.

The issue is the plastic swirl pot it clips into the tank and can't be removed without cutting.

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
I sold my VS V8 HSV Enhanced Statesman today, picked up a VS V6 Caprice Statesman as part payment....
20191123_151639.jpg 20191123_151655.jpg

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
The price was right, only owns me about $400 for it. I didn't want it but he just wanted to off load it in the deal.
Yes i know I'm a bandit lol.