Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What did you do to your VR/VS today?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
12th time i had to fix the central locking on the ute. Actuator had slipped off the mech, again. I had a little tube over the hook on the mech to make it like the way VTs are, which have a little white plastic extender but it had slipped off. This time i epoxied it on. I should have done that last time. Hopefully now it stays on.
While i was there i run the cable for the door trim light. NFI where to connect it for power but the hard part is done.
While i was there i also swapped over the triangle piece that hides the mirror screws. The wagon had some without holes for the manual mirrors. Ute had the holes with rubber boots even though it has electric mirrors.

StephenM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Equippe Series II
Replaced the antenna with an Aerpro AP6. Old one had broken mast and I had previously attempted to replace it. I did not take notice when I pulled off the cover and removed a plate with brass contacts without noting it's position. This plate is crucial to timing the operation so that it stops at the correct place. Then the mast broke when I hit a low branch. Everything is the same as the original except the wiring colour (red/green orig red/white) , the earth connections and the mounting bracket. I left the old bracket in place because I did not want to drill a hole in the body and provide another corrosion entry point, and screwed a bracket from it to the antenna. There is about a 20 second delay between turning off car and the antenna lowering. See how reception is improved when I next go to town.

StephenM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Equippe Series II
Hey all new to the forum I’ve got 2 commys a vz ss and a vs with a 5 speed ecotec my girlfriend has now bought herself a car so I’m now going to retire the old girl and give her a heart transplant I’m looking at going for a 304 5 speed I’ve just come across some conversion engine mounts to put in the 304 without removing the v6 k frame and making the job a lot easier and hopefully cheaper I’m wondering if this will affect the car passing blue slip and rego or is it acceptable to do so of course I would upgrade suspension and brakes to accommodate for the heavier 304 setup
G'day. This is probably the wrong forum for your question. This is more what have you done, rather than a what can I do. Have a search of the site using a few term that cover what you want to do. Maybe even try "engine swaps" There is a good How To forum that covers heaps of things. I have found answers to my questions at different places. Some I read just for the fun of it. Welcome to here. I have found every one to be helpful, although occasionally you will find some one shout "wrong forum"!

StephenM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Equippe Series II
I replaced the hose when I did the pump 12 months ago. The hose was in one piece connected to the fitting, but the fitting was not fitted to the swirl pot. All looked good this time.
I only took the tank out to flush as it said to do on the instructions that came with the failed pump and didn't want the new one to fail.

After checking with an old piece of VS wagon exhaust pipe, I will just cut and weld the longer piece onto the sedan middle section.
View attachment 208654
I went the other way. Our wrecker had a wagon so he cut it to sedan length and rewelded. did a good job.

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Had to jump start the ute which has sat for 6 weeks now
Sat in it thinking umm this would be nice to drive lol.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Had to jump start the ute which has sat for 6 weeks now
Sat in it thinking umm this would be nice to drive lol.

Trickle chargers = for a big win for limited use vehicles

Unclemushy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
Lowered my vs series 2 on super lows all around with new struts and rear shocks saw a lot of posts about not sitting level and opting for the ultras in the rear, I must have done something wrong because it looks relatively level since it has settled and another problem is camber adjustment isn't able to be put into wheel alignment specs. And now I'm saving to do a lower intake manifold spacer memcal and cai all at once.

Random thought of the week, Anyone tried to get fatter tyres on 15's does the beefy tyre look work on the vs?

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Fat tyres on 15's do absolutely nothing for handling nor performance. They just handle like a fat ladies ass on a bike.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Lowered my vs series 2 on super lows all around with new struts and rear shocks saw a lot of posts about not sitting level and opting for the ultras in the rear, I must have done something wrong because it looks relatively level since it has settled and another problem is camber adjustment isn't able to be put into wheel alignment specs. And now I'm saving to do a lower intake manifold spacer memcal and cai all at once.

Random thought of the week, Anyone tried to get fatter tyres on 15's does the beefy tyre look work on the vs?

The camber not in specs??? If it is the front and the place can't get the camber around quarter degree negative, there is something bent, or they are useless....This era commodore has about 2 degrees of camber adjustment with them...This measn, with it sitting on super lows, you can get the camber at quarter of a degree negative, if so required.

Want a "beefier" look....Get some 16X8 mags, fitted with 225/50X16....Not sure on the offset of my rims, but on my VC, this fills my guards in

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Want a "beefier" look....Get some 16X8 mags, fitted with 225/50X16....Not sure on the offset of my rims, but on my VC, this fills my guards in
i have this combo.