Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What did you do to your VR/VS today?

Unclemushy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
Nah, just doing an inlet manifold gasket. New coolant. Plus spare.
Fair enough, I only found out about the cap thing because someone left a note on my car.
I always have coolant and pwr steering fluid handy in both of my cars.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Cheers for the wheel info I can only find 17's to 20's locally so I might have to look online as a friend of mine suggested dynamic steelies because of the "beefy" look I'm going for.

I doubt it matters but as (father figure) did this bit the rubbers on the (sway bar linking arms) were replaced/upgraded.

It is a solid axle rear so the front was the issue, he said it's barely out and shouldn't hurt tyre wear, he went from super negative on the passenger side to 0.30-0.35° neg if I read the numbers on the screen correctly that is... in case it helps narrow down the possible issue toe and caster adjustment were a walk in the park. This was done as soon as the car was lowered. Only drove 20 kms at that point.

Those cambers are really good....So I have no idea what the place is on about being out of spec.....From memory, the specs are around 1/4 degree positive to 1 and 1/4 degree negative. That being said, your cambers seem to be good, providing you don't drive the car really hard into and through corners....

What issues do you have?

Last edited:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

Unclemushy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
Those cambers are really good....So I have no idea what the place is on about being out of spec.....From memory, the specs are around 1/4 degree positive to 1 and 1/4 degree negative. That being said, your cambers seem to be good, providing you don't drive the car really hard into and through corners....

What issues do you have?
Thanks heaps for that piece of mind!

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
My issue I had was that he told me it was weird he couldn't get it any closer to positive/neutral camber. But after reading your reply it sounds like it's all good.

Cambers should be set according to tyre wear.....By the sounds of the aligner you struck, he has no idea on how to align a car, which seems to be common practice these days.....If it's in the green, it's good....If it's in the red its bad.....

All I can suggest is, keep an eye on edge wear of both tyres....If it's feathering on the outer edge, you'll need more negative camber....If it's feathering on the inner edge, you'll need more positive camber

Unclemushy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
I'll keep
Cambers should be set according to tyre wear.....By the sounds of the aligner you struck, he has no idea on how to align a car, which seems to be common practice these days.....If it's in the green, it's good....If it's in the red its bad.....

All I can suggest is, keep an eye on edge wear of both tyres....If it's feathering on the outer edge, you'll need more negative camber....If it's feathering on the inner edge, you'll need more positive camber

Thanks for the tip, I'll be sure to keep an eye on the wear and go from there.

zeropalooba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim L67 manual
Hi fellas, I tried to get my L67-swapped manual Acclaim registered and the bugger blew smoke each time I got it to the mechanic's for a blue slip. Not idling in the backyard, just after a drive. So embarrassing... Did a compression test and it cranked up to 180 psi on each cylinder (a tad under on cylinder 4 which was weird but not too concerning). After some serious head scratching I decided to replace the valve stem seals. Lo and behold, it doesn't blow smoke anymore. Mind you, I haven't taken it for a burl yet but the signs are promising.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Tried to be a hero and have a drag at the lights with a Hyundai SUV, just up from the cop shop. Didn't end well as he beat me.... But only because I sat there with both tyres spinning.... Had to jamb on the brakes because I would have been booked for hooning. Bloke behind me must have thought here's a bloke with Mang written on his forehead. This was before it started raining. I know I have no hope of getting grip in the wet so wouldn't have even tried.:oops::oops::oops::oops:

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Don't try your luck against a Hyundai i30N, it'll kill you good and proper. Hyundai's are all crap that's for sure.

The Korean's have come a long way since the Daewoo Cruze's