Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What do people look for in VL

hz2vl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL SL 86
Hi All,
just wondering what people look for when they are looking to acquire a project car. The reason I ask is I have a VL sedan, that is now surplus to requirements. I know this is not the For Sale forum:whistling, but I don't have enough posts yet, to qualify to post in that forum, which is fair enough.

I wont list the details, as that would then become an ad, and I don't want to do the wrong thing.:embarrass

So what do potential VL owners look for?

When I can post in the For Sale forum, I will, or if someone wants info and pics just PM me.:thumbsup:

She has some minor issues, but is fun to drive, and I would like to see her go to a good home.

ImAHoon!

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Camry?
rust around the front and rear windows.

hz2vl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL SL 86
Bummer,
only got a little tiny bit at the on passenger side at the bottom joint of the rubber. How much should I have? Only joking ;), thanks for quick reply.

I did fix up the normal spots under the rear corners of the bonnet, before it got through and started wetting the ECU.
I have seen where people have just put a plastic bag over the ECU, rather than fix the leak!

ImAHoon!

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Camry?
the few VL's I've look at seem to have leaking power steering hoses, or racks.. :p

a VL is a VL, chances are someone looking for one isn't going to be too worried about the colour, or the features :p

they'll be more worried about rust, kms and leaks! lol

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
Rust in boot under parcel shelf under water cascade track around the boot.
Around front and rear windows as well as bottom of doors caused by dry cracked seals at window base...

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
I'd just look for rust, previous damage and current damage. If it's a project who cares if she has a leaky rack, more then likely it will get replaced or repaired. At the end of the day, if it's a project all u need is a straight body with minimal rust, everything else can be changed or repaired. I know rust and dents can be fixed, but ur gonna be better without them in the first place.